+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but it's a shambles!

Sorry, but it's a shambles!

I've been a Tory voter for as long as I can remember and a supporter of Boris Johnson. However, his latest regulations are shambolic. There are no clear rules and leaves the whole issue in chaos with most restrictions being open to interpretation. For goodness sake, in his speech last night workers were being encouraged to go back to work this morning but now it appears that it is now Wednesday. There is no way that there should be differing regulations between the four home countries. I thought that we were going to observe what has happened in other countries. Germany has eased restrictions and now there infection rate has increased. I think that he is bowing to public pressure. The old maxim of 'if it 'ain't broke, don't fix it' should apply. The stay at home rule has brought the infection rate down so let's continue with it. Even with the best will in the world, members of the public who are prepared to abide by the restrictions don't know what is or is not allowed let alone those who wish to bend them to their own ends. I could go on. For God's sake, sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I've been a Tory voter for as long as I can remember and a supporter of Boris Johnson. However, his latest regulations are shambolic. There are no clear rules and leaves the whole issue in chaos with most restrictions being open to interpretation. For goodness sake, in his speech last night workers were being encouraged to go back to work this morning but now it appears that it is now Wednesday. There is no way that there should be differing regulations between the four home countries. I thought that we were going to observe what has happened in other countries. Germany has eased restrictions and now there infection rate has increased. I think that he is bowing to public pressure. The old maxim of 'if it 'ain't broke, don't fix it' should apply. The stay at home rule has brought the infection rate down so let's continue with it. Even with the best will in the world, members of the public who are prepared to abide by the restrictions don't know what is or is not allowed let alone those who wish to bend them to their own ends. I could go on. For God's sake, sort it out.
    It's quite obvious that the government have put the economy before the safety of people they want people to go back to work but not use public transport, what happens if someone tells their employer they don't think is safe to travel to work could they be sacked, it says a lot that neither Scotland or Wales are planning to change their current stance, at the moment I think you have to try and do what's best for you and your family as I don't trust anything that this government tells us.

Could not agree more! The long awaited lock down speech left more confused. Not a fan of Sturgeon but at least her messages are concise and clear!

100,000 have entered the country approx since the lock down so why have a quarantine now and not at the start of the lock down. When does this quarantine kick in - now - June - July or when there's a second spike? Is it for all airports or all borders of entry? What about the record Number of migrants who came into the country on one day over the weekend on boats - do they quarantine or do they qualify for shelter and food which some British people currently struggle with!!! You can't make it up.............

I liked Boris but to be honest starting to not be impressed with his fumbling and mixed messages.... Who gives a F UCK about football restarting as this should not be a priority at the moment with the self interest and greed amongst some players.

Cutting up T shirts to act as face masks - perhaps this is part of being ALERT whilst NOT staying at home!
    Last edited by baggieal; 11-05-2020 at 03:50 PM.

"Cutting up T shirts to act as face masks"

Yes al, since i heard today that face coverings were to be the new fashion item for entering shops I've been looking around the house for something suitable. Ive turned out me sock and pants drawer but so far nowt doing Ill check out the wifes wardrobe next for something a bit more erm silkier

Peruse the attached link at your leisure.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...an-and-cant-do

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    "Cutting up T shirts to act as face masks"

Yes al, since i heard today that face coverings were to be the new fashion item for entering shops I've been looking around the house for something suitable. Ive turned out me sock and pants drawer but so far nowt doing Ill check out the wifes wardrobe next for something a bit more erm silkier
    Saw Man United etc face masks in Asia a few years ago. Will we be allowed in The Hawthorns without a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Saw Man United etc face masks in Asia a few years ago. Will we be allowed in The Hawthorns without a mask?
    Weird times for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if that was to happen next season even though it would seem farcical.

Pity we haven’t used them at the Hawthorns for years considering some of the smelly b a s t a r d s who reside in the Brummie Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Pity we haven’t used them at the Hawthorns for years considering some of the smelly b a s t a r d s who reside in the Brummie Rd.
    So true! A few seasons ago, I had the misfortune to sit next to a really smelly individual, my son and I called him Stinky. His clothes looked dirty and he stank of stale pi$$. It became so bad that after one match, I decided that enough was enough and I wasn’t going any more. My son called the ticket office and explained the situation and they immediately allocated us new seats.

Now that I've retired from cricket would anyone like my jockstrap, it would make a wonderful mask...no germs would dare to go in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)