+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League Turmoil

League Turmoil

Is there anyone out there that can explain, in words of one syllable, exactly what is actually going on in Scottish football at the moment? All I see is claim and counterclaim with nothing whatsoever being achieved. Is it just mismanagement or as our Chairman has suggested that too many clubs have nothing other than their own interests in mind and disregard the overall picture or even more importantly the best interests of the supporters?
    To me there should be a simple majority as it the case with most democratic organisations so that one or two clubs should not be in the position of being able to hold everyone to ransom. Also should the minor clubs like Queens have equal voting rights to those with significantly higher attendances?
    I personally would have declared the leagues null and void as some other leagues have done in Europe as I think this would have been the only fair option to those who have be relegated with more than enough games to have changed the positions at the bottom whilst acknowledging this being extremely unfair on the likes of Dundee United.

No easy solutions clearly but I would love to hear others opinion on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Is there anyone out there that can explain, in words of one syllable, exactly what is actually going on in Scottish football at the moment? All I see is claim and counterclaim with nothing whatsoever being achieved. Is it just mismanagement or as our Chairman has suggested that too many clubs have nothing other than their own interests in mind and disregard the overall picture or even more importantly the best interests of the supporters?
    To me there should be a simple majority as it the case with most democratic organisations so that one or two clubs should not be in the position of being able to hold everyone to ransom. Also should the minor clubs like Queens have equal voting rights to those with significantly higher attendances?
    I personally would have declared the leagues null and void as some other leagues have done in Europe as I think this would have been the only fair option to those who have be relegated with more than enough games to have changed the positions at the bottom whilst acknowledging this being extremely unfair on the likes of Dundee United.

No easy solutions clearly but I would love to hear others opinion on this matter.
    Inverness CT and Dunfermline Athletic at loggerheads now I see. What a complete and utter shambles. Our league setup is a joke. There’s no way we need 4 leagues and playing each other 4 times a season has become tiresome. It’s time for change but it just won’t happen. The fans are the last people considered.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Inverness CT and Dunfermline Athletic at loggerheads now I see. What a complete and utter shambles. Our league setup is a joke. There’s no way we need 4 leagues and playing each other 4 times a season has become tiresome. It’s time for change but it just won’t happen. The fans are the last people considered.
    I certainly agree Arrol that there is a need for restructuring the leagues as the current set up of playing each other leads only to stale repetitive football which certainly does not draw in the floating supporters. For sure the top division demand this to have two home games each season against the old firm for the revenue but beneath this it is not generally a requirement. There needs to be proper leadership to bang heads together but it difficult to see where this would come from but we are crying out for change and now is a good time to come up with a plan during this lockdown.

Personally hate the 10 - team leagues and was hoping the 3 leagues of 14 idea would have been voted through as something different is long overdue but it was kicked into touch. As Arrol1919 says the fans are the last people considered and always have been with no sign of this ever changing in the future.

"Is there anyone out there that can explain, in words of one syllable, exactly what is actually going on in Scottish football at the moment?"

Not only can I explain in words of one syllable (exactly what is going on in Scottish football at the moment) but I can explain in one word...………..no!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    "Is there anyone out there that can explain, in words of one syllable, exactly what is actually going on in Scottish football at the moment?"

Not only can I explain in words of one syllable (exactly what is going on in Scottish football at the moment) but I can explain in one word...………..no!
    Darn!!!

This was an ideal time to vote for larger leagues and once again Scottish football's powers that be have knocked back a change to the same old stale structure.

Unfortunately Scottish football is concerned with one minor aspect, rather than looking at the fuller picture. It's like having a BBQ in your garden that's setting fire to your grass and your blanket and you call out the fire brigade to deal with it urgently, - while your house is completely gutted behind you.

This situation (the Covid-19 pandemic) is not about trivial matters, - the very future of Scottish football is at stake, and its time that all football clubs left petty politics, religion, et al firmly at the door dated 13th March 2020.

Furthermore, we should stand together for a better footballing world, where a sensible wage structure is in place, where the grass roots teams are properly looked after, where we don't bore ourselves ****less playing the same teams up to 6 times a season and where a share of any profits received should be given to worthwhile local charities.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Unfortunately Scottish football is concerned with one minor aspect, rather than looking at the fuller picture. It's like having a BBQ in your garden that's setting fire to your grass and your blanket and you call out the fire brigade to deal with it urgently, - while your house is completely gutted behind you.

This situation (the Covid-19 pandemic) is not about trivial matters, - the very future of Scottish football is at stake, and its time that all football clubs left petty politics, religion, et al firmly at the door dated 13th March 2020.

Furthermore, we should stand together for a better footballing world, where a sensible wage structure is in place, where the grass roots teams are properly looked after, where we don't bore ourselves ****less playing the same teams up to 6 times a season and where a share of any profits received should be given to worthwhile local charities.
    IF only but I fear not Jardi as this would require more than a modicum of common sense which is sadly lacking in Scottish football.

It has been pretty frustrating viewing over the last couple of months but thankfully in a way the Scottish Football Board have shown their true colours to the rest of the footballing world.

Reconstruction would have been such a positive for our leagues, especially for clubs such as ourselves where they would have been a greater chance of promotion without throwing every last penny you have at a squad to get you up. It would have been so much more sustainable.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)