+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irritating Things

Angry Irritating Things

On the back of irritating sayings thread some irritating things that people do !!

Why do people leave an empty supermarket trolley in the only space on the car park.

Young fit people who use disabled bays who clearly cant be a r s e d to walk.

Why do all old Land Rovers have a sign "ONE LIFE LIVE IT " fixed to them or "THE BEST 4X4 X FAR" probably was 30 years ago !

People who eat with their mouth open, you can almost see what they had for breakfast.

People who pick their nose in public then inspect what they have just extracted.

People that do not flush the loo after use.

People that allow their dogs to foul green areas then when the dog has finished look around to see if anyone is looking then just slowly walk away leaving the dogs deposit.

Users of mobile phones who tend to shout when answering a call in public, as if we all want to hear the conversation.

People who laugh loudly at nothing as they want to be the centre of attention.

Smokers that vape emitting their very own vapour cloud whilst amongst other people so all within a metre of them can inhale their second hand smoke

I am sure there are loads more just the top few on my list !!

People who write on this forum ( of whom there are many ) who don’t understand the concept of using paragraphs!

So thank you.

People who criticize every damn thing.

Just a quick observation, you will be in trouble with the English teacher mickd1961, criticise is not spelled with a (z)thats the American way, the teacher has to be fair and consistent in all things grammatical, just saying like!!

Quote Originally Posted by the villian View Post

People that do not flush the loo after use.
    An old saying if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down, it saves water particularly if you're on a water meter

Just a quick observation, you will be in trouble with the English teacher mickd1961, criticise is not spelled with a (z)thats the American way, the teacher has to be fair and consistent in all things grammatical, just saying like!!
    Just a quick observation......

You need to criticise the correct contributor 😏

Not criticising anyone mick just making an observation as stated in my comment, in just the same way as you pointed i dont understand the concept of using paragraphs.
    Thought this was a forum ?

Not criticising anyone mick just making an observation as stated in my comment, in just the same way as you pointed i dont understand the concept of using paragraphs.
    Thought this was a forum ?
    Try reading the posts again.

You said I spelt “criticise” wrongly but I didn’t......it wasn’t me🤷*♂️

This was what I was pointing out.

It’s so irritating when someone accuses another of something they haven’t actually done 🤡😆

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Try reading the posts again.

You said I spelt “criticise” wrongly but I didn’t......it wasn’t me��*♂️

This was what I was pointing out.

It’s so irritating when someone accuses another of something they haven’t actually done ����
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfyBHZc9rK4

[Climbs on hobby horse...]
    Not true, but a popular myth. There is no etymological support for -ise being correct. -ize comes from the classical Greek ending -izo. Up until about 1950 all grammarians -- British and American -- would insist that the only correct ending is -ize. But then people started noticing that the French always use an "s" (-is, -iser etc.) because that's how the Normans had rendered Greek words in Latin. And in the '50s French was seen as "posh". It became a popular affectation, therefore, to adopt -ise in British English to try and also appear posh. This trend grew, until around the 1960s so many people were doing it that many dictionaries started grudgingly to accept -ise as an acceptable alternative in British English. (The OED still tries to fight this tide.) Currently, -ise is "winning" about 75% to 25%.

But -ize was never "an Americanism", and -ise was/is never "correct". It's just an (accepted) fashion, but with about as much provenance as text speak. Feel free to organise how you finalise your verbs -- no British authority will criticise your choice. But don't blame the Yanks.
    [Dismounts]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)