+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently new evidence linking Saudi to pirate tv

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    If they’ve been involved in Piracy and there is proof directly linking them to it, how on earth can they expect the Premier League to allow the deal to go through?

It’s a joke really.
    You walk into any city in the country and there will be dozens of pubs showing live games...the PL need to look closer to home.

Sometimes I get the impression some of the media and some of our fans would prefer Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You walk into any city in the country and there will be dozens of pubs showing live games...the PL need to look closer to home.
    I wouldnt bother Zip. Its plainly obvious by his posts of late he would prefer the takeover to fail, regardless of what he says.
    There is no connection between Arabsat and Pif and our proposed new Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Sometimes I get the impression some of the media and some of our fans would prefer Ashley.

Sadly this is true.

Sometimes I get the impression some of our fans are so desperate to ease their conscience that they need to defend the indefensible with conspiracies and state sponsored propaganda to try justify what they know deep down to be wrong.

I wouldnt bother Zip. Its plainly obvious by his posts of late he would prefer the takeover to fail, regardless of what he says.
    No Sh1t Sherlock 🕵️
    Last edited by BenArfa10; 11-05-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Sometimes I get the impression some of our fans are so desperate to ease their conscience that they need to defend the indefensible with conspiracies and state sponsored propaganda to try justify what they know deep down to be wrong.
    Like yours that will go away when a few players have signed and the team starts to do well. You stated yesterday you will still support the team. Will your morals and conscience have a day off on matchdays.
    I have stated many times that Saudi Arabias human rights are shocking, but so is China's, UAE, Russia. They all own teams and nobody says a word. I dont justify anything Saudi Arabia do. Maybe they want to change, who knows. So lets stop them if they try then. Is that your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye Zip plenty of it going on with Satellite 📡 broadcasting Italian coverage of EPL in Pubs.

The difference here is that this is a whole operation being run and profited off of worldwide.

Example, you own intellectual property like say Marvel’s Avengers. You catch someone who has been selling Avengers branded merchandise and making a huge profit off of it too. You try take them to court but because they are well connected to higher powers, your legal action against them never gets off the ground. 2 years down the line they come to you saying they would like to purchase the movie rights to Marvel’s Spider-Man. Would you let them? Or would you tell them to jog on?

Like yours that will go away when a few players have signed and the team starts to do well. You stated yesterday you will still support the team. Will your morals and conscience have a day off on matchdays.
    I have stated many times that Saudi Arabias human rights are shocking, but so is China's, UAE, Russia. They all own teams and nobody says a word. I dont justify anything Saudi Arabia do. Maybe they want to change, who knows. So lets stop them if they try then. Is that your answer.
    About time you were thinking of changing your avatar Geordie1974. I'm sure you can come up with something better looking.

Or are you patiently waiting for the official announcement on D Day.

Saudi’s don’t bother these people when they are ordering an Uber , or questioning where the oil in the petrol pump has come from. It won’t enter their mind when they book a concert or many other growing list of things the Saudi’s are invested in.

These people don’t care when buying their clothes as to what conditions the labour are subjected to when making them. They don’t care about the minerals used in their mobile phones and how many African children have died mining this stuff so they can get the net or text on a flashy looking handheld device.

The list goes on and on. I’m sure we are all guilty of encouraging shocking human rights just so we can have some luxuries in life.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)