+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Dunt foget Lois jeans , all smart gear , " dressed to kill" or feyt and run,
    I heard a tale years ago , I dunt know if its true or not to be honest .

We've played Chelsea at Oakwell sometime in the 80's and this Chelsea lad is gerrin a bit of a kicking near where Old Queens Hotel war .

Anyway his trarsers were darn a bit exposing these Armani boxer shorts and everybody stopped .

" wheres tha got them from "

And he gets up off the floor grinning like a Cheshire Cat and seys

" fackin northern scrubbers you aint no class and besardes you cant affard this gear "

And walks off .

Urban Myth , probably .

I went to Tenerife in 83 wi lads for a fotneet lager lout holiday as you did .

Playa De Las Americas , anyrood , a couple of days in walking ararnd wun day we spots this sports shop .

Ill niver forget name of it , Wimbledon Sports .

So we guz in and we couldn't believe it , it's packed full of gear , Tachinni , Fila , Kappa , Pringle , Lyle and Scot , Eleesse , you name it and its there .

It's half the price this stuff because back then Tenerife is a duty free island .

Now we really do have a dilemma because we've some brass with us but we aint budgeted for this fest .

It's two days in to a fortneet remember .

Our eyes are like feckin saucers .

Well we can't stop in ivery neet can we ? , what's the point in that .

Nobody has a credit card cause back then nobody did .

We need money , quiet lad amongst us who want in to this shyte or football says I've come wi a fair bit .

Now he's the popular guy , ivery feckers bestie .

So we all lent a few quid and jumped all over it .

Reight holiday .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I went to Tenerife in 83 wi lads for a fotneet lager lout holiday as you did .

Playa De Las Americas , anyrood , a couple of days in walking ararnd wun day we spots this sports shop .

Ill niver forget name of it , Wimbledon Sports .

So we guz in and we couldn't believe it , it's packed full of gear , Tachinni , Fila , Kappa , Pringle , Lyle and Scot , Eleesse , you name it and its there .

It's half the price this stuff because back then Tenerife is a duty free island .

Now we really do have a dilemma because we've some brass with us but we aint budgeted for this fest .

It's two days in to a fortneet remember .

Our eyes are like feckin saucers .

Well we can't stop in ivery neet can we ? , what's the point in that .

Nobody has a credit card cause back then nobody did .

We need money , quiet lad amongst us who want in to this shyte or football says I've come wi a fair bit .

Now he's the popular guy , ivery feckers bestie .

So we all lent a few quid and jumped all over it .

Reight holiday .
    like.

Am slightly envious o your generation following the Reds. One of the best periods in the clubs history, big crowds back at Oakwell, tarn buzzing, big away followings, standing room only, football specials, decent clobber, music, no mobile phones, an era when tha either dropped on folk or tha dint.

As tha sez though the country was angry back then and trouble was around every corner. Tha could get away with much more back then and tha weren't going to prison for evin a ruck. My era was different in the sense that mobile phones were coming on the scene, CCTV everywhere, no more slaps on the wrist when tha wo pinched, coppers were mostly well on top.

Would I change it? Difficult question but I'd say yes. Don't get me wrong, had some cracking days art and the mid 90s following the Reds wo awesome but really it's a waste o thi life pyssing abart in a dead end job, living for football and booze, blowing thi pittance of a wage ivry weekend then being skint all week living at thi mothers. Time, if I could have it again, I'd use more productively and give myself a better platform in life.

One night at Grimsby a house brick was thrown from behind, hit me on my calf and it unnerved me. A split second earlier and I may well not have been here, that's the bottom line.

Animal , i only took minimum clothes to any of the canary island's , allus took a big case tho , "thaccud back then" case wa fulla Lacoste gear for me and a mate ,fo journey home , still got summarit " chemise lacoste " originals , far betta quality than the stuff these days ,

enjoyed them tales previous , a thort tha wa goowin to se Tarn lads took armanis off him

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Animal , i only took minimum clothes to any of the canary island's , allus took a big case tho , "thaccud back then" case wa fulla Lacoste gear for me and a mate ,fo journey home , still got summarit " chemise lacoste " originals , far betta quality than the stuff these days ,

enjoyed them tales previous , a thort tha wa goowin to se Tarn lads took armanis off him
    Roma I had a tacchini t shirt bought from that holiday , a lovely plain cream one and I must have worn it 2000 times and it had 2000 washes over the subsequent years , it still looked liked new at the fag end of the 90's .

Only reason I stopped wearing it war because it didn't fit anymore when I stopped playing football and slapped weight on .

As tha sez , absolute quality .

Av fonna beige Pringle shirt , nick faldo logo , must bi 25 year old , worn many times , it's in mint condition still ,
    it nar fits mi like a glove , av gorrit on mi left hand

Chelsea were the first to start wearing designer gear other clubs just followed

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Watha a burberry man Dools ?

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    According to what I've read it was the scousers who were on it first .

European away games brought it to their attention and in true scouse tradition they robbed it from the shops over there .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    According to what I've read it was the scousers who were on it first .

European away games brought it to their attention and in true scouse tradition they robbed it from the shops over there .
    I read that too Animal. Scousers looting shops in France and Luxembourg, sell their top brand clobber to mek a living then do it all ageean
    on their next European jaunt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast