+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID Testing

COVID Testing

Is it just me, or has anyone else been randomly selected to do a COVID test as part of the NHS/Imperial College London research effort?

I'm pretty sure I haven't had it and currently don't have it, but it will be interesting to see what the outcome is. Let you know in about 10 days. I wonder if I get a "you've been brave and are clean" badge, and will then get an opportunity for loads of shagging of otherwise unsure women?

If I pass, do you think Cocu will select me as a "clean" option at right back for the first game behind closed doors?
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 13-05-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Don't tell 'em Pike!

Apart from 2 people I know, who have actually had Corona (one in Canada and one in Wales), I don't know anybody (or didn't until GP was apparently tested) know anybody who has been tested. One friend of works in maternity care, working in the homes of the new born and, of course, their parents. She has not been tested. Weird at best.

Havent had it yet MA, its "in the post" as they say

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Havent had it yet MA, its "in the post" as they say
    You'll, like as not, not get it then GP

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You'll, like as not, not get it then GP
    Tbf...one of the ‘delights’ of turning 65 was the, almost immediate, arrival of an unsolicited bowel cancer testing kit. Using a sort of long cotton bud, a narrow test tube and a heavy duty envelope you just fill in the details and return as directed.
    Two weeks later I received a reply to say that I was ‘negative’.
    Have to say I was impressed by the speed and efficiency of the whole process. Our wonderful NHS at its best imo.

Ah yes Ive had a few of those "pooh on a stick" packages.

Ah yes Ive had a few of those "pooh on a stick" packages.
    Adds a new dimension to pooh sticks.

You must be older than you’re letting on to have ‘had a few’.

Good facility imo...never thought I’d be putting **** in a post box...wouldn’t want to be the postman.

Nope, younger than you but I think they sent me them earlier as I've already got one of the "dread diseases", so they want to check more

Nope, younger than you but I think they sent me them earlier as I've already got one of the "dread diseases", so they want to check more
    What...you’re still younger than me? Don’t think you’ve mentioned that before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)