+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOJO---A lie too far ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    All Boris has to say is it was his scientists that gave him the advice problem solved. Boris lost 10 consecutive meaningless votes in parliament before the election. He won the two that mattered most. Starmer is just Corbyn incarnate. Stop bleating about what's happened and try and find a constructive way forward.

Boris just ask Starmer what he'd have done? Erm, erm next question.
    I was disappointed to discover tha a Tory voter nar steve especially as tha works for the NHS , I think thall find that Tories clapping for thi on a Thursday neet dunt cost em any money , see if the still thinks that worth even a clap when this thing is over .

On another point it's the role of the opposition to scrutinise and hold the government to account .......... not do it's job for em .

Starmer's reached out to em on a couple of occasions to help them out and I've yet to read they've taken him up on it .

It's a long long time since I saw a PM so fundamentally taken apart like Mr Starmer did yesterday to Johnson .

It wasn't so much how good Starmer was , he was only quoting the governments own words and actions when all is said and done , no it was more about how ridiculously inept and out of his depth Johnson looked .

Time to set aside Johnson in my opinion like Chamberlain had to at the start of WW2 .

Not a time to be carrying slack isn't this .

We need leaders not half wits who think they have a given birth right to be PM .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I can't criticise the Govt for setting up the eight Nightingale Hospitals because at the time it looked like the outbreak was going t1ts up big time. What I find less appealing is the clearance of hospital beds moving out old people into Care Homes with no CV19 Test seeding the outbreak in Care Homes and then crowing at the graphs showing how much spare capacity we have in hospitals.
    All these spare beds should now be used to clear up all the waiting list backlog for routine elective surgery and other treatments rather than mothballing the Nightingale Hospitals and quietly closing them when attention is elsewhere.
    My point was in response to JRM's suggestion that MPs should return to the HOC by way of setting an example
    The Speaker rejected the idea on the grounds of social distancing which I think Mogg knew he would but what a noble gesture eh?
    If they wish to return to Parliament use the Nightingale Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I was disappointed to discover tha a Tory voter nar steve especially as tha works for the NHS , I think thall find that Tories clapping for thi on a Thursday neet dunt cost em any money , see if the still thinks that worth even a clap when this thing is over .

On another point it's the role of the opposition to scrutinise and hold the government to account .......... not do it's job for em .

Starmer's reached out to em on a couple of occasions to help them out and I've yet to read they've taken him up on it .
    Modden day Tony Blair ? Thurral well off , and they are all innit fo what they can get . Not a cig paper between booarth parties , stop the politics it's booring and we'll OTT , ARR BLAME CORBYN

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Modden day Tony Blair ? Thurral well off , and they are all innit fo what they can get . Not a cig paper between booarth parties , stop the politics it's booring and we'll OTT , ARR BLAME CORBYN
    I wasn't a massive Blair man myself Roma but I'd chop my right arm off for three election victories and kick this lot in government over to the opposition benches for the next decade and a half .

He very nearly put this lot in government out of business altogether , at his worst post Iraq he still trounced em .

If we are to tolerate a Tory government then lets have a PM who can at least actually do the job , it's not too much to ask for .

I'm afraid so far he's way off the pace because ill tell you now Starmer ain't even got warmed up yet .

This bloke will bury him with facts and evidence to back it up , he got to the top of the legal profession ....... Johnson was a small time journalist who got the sack .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 14-05-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Thuz no football Roma and the Govt's handling of the CV outbreak is a life and death matter. Thaz got to expect some discussion abart it.

RAMADAN MUBARAK

The lies continued last night on Question Time
    Stephen Barclay claimed that 120 odd thousand tests carried out but the actual number was 76000 ish
    Why does the Gov't continue with these obvious lies
    Been watching too much of Bozo's mate Trump where lying has become the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Stephen Barclay claimed that 120 odd thousand tests carried out but the actual number was 76000 ish
    Av nivva heard an explanation of why the "Number of Tests" and "People Tested" in the daily figures are so different. Yesterday for example there were 126,000 "Tests" but only 76,000 "People Tested". It's allus a massive difference. The bigger number is always quoted of course.

Expect a sudden "ramping up" of Test numbers at the end of May to meet Johnson's pledge of 200,000 Tests a day by then. The Couriers and Post Office were given a massive number to post out on 30th April to achieve Hanc0ck's 100,000 target.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

It was Tories that set me on. I haven't known anything else during my tenure working for the NHS. I only voted Conservative because of their stance on leaving the EU. I respect you Animal so I'm glad you called me a "Tory voter" rather than a Tory. If Labour had wanted to leave I'd have voted for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    To be honest Exile he's more like Ronald Reagan in my opinion , the celebrity leader syndrome , totally inept , full of lies but has that ability to be popular when the electorate know those things .

The difference is Reagan was around when the world wasn't facing the problems we have today and rode the economic wave .

No such luck for Johnson , he's got the Barnsley job in 2003 with 7 players on the books on the eve of a new season .

With so much economic hardship coming which will escape absolutely nobody Mr Johnson's got a problem .

Once the realities of the economic impact from the pandemic start to bite home the electorate can turn and in these situations once they turn they are gone .

I'll be amazed if Johnson is still around to face off against Starmer in the next GE , with so much to work with Starmer is going to nail this buffoon every day in the HOC and there's nothing the Tories can do unless they give Johnson a brain transplant and even then it's highly unlikely the new one will match up to the one in Starmer's head .

His weakness and lack of leadership skills will bury him in the times we are going to be experiencing .

The men in grey suits will demand austerity and tax cuts .

Johnson will shyte himself , what about his new voting friends in the north ? , the NHS who saved his life and are now in the hearts of the nation , the other key workers who've kept us going through this .

I know we'll blame Labour then ..... hmm .... we've held power for over a decade Boris .

Well I'll lie then , I'm good at that ..... but Boris , , Starmer will expose you with the stuff the Telegraph and Times are supplying him .

Tell you what Boris , there's a bottle of brandy and a revolver in the office next door ... do the honourable thing old boy .

I'll invade the Falklands then ....... Boris , the Argies haven't taken em off us

But but but ..............BANG !!!!!!
    Last edited by animallittle3; 15-05-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast