+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BOJO---A lie too far ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It was Tories that set me on. I haven't known anything else during my tenure working for the NHS. I only voted Conservative because of their stance on leaving the EU. I respect you Animal so I'm glad you called me a "Tory voter" rather than a Tory. If Labour had wanted to leave I'd have voted for them.
    Steve , I'm a leaver mate but not at the price of electing this idiot .

I didn't vote at all .

It's a shame you weren't working for the NHS when Blair was running the country .

You'd have something to compare it with so I do take that point .

There's only 1% of the country that are true Tories the rest of the country vote Tory so tha not alone mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Steve , I'm a leaver mate but not at the price of electing this idiot .

I didn't vote at all .

It's a shame you weren't working for the NHS when Blair was running the country .

You'd have something to compare it with so I do take that point .

There's only 1% of the country that are true Tories the rest of the country vote Tory so tha not alone mate .
    I think it will be a land slide victory for Labour in the next election. Boris made reference to people voting Conservative to get Brexit done. If they do that they'll have done what they were voted in to do. They've handled this pandemic...well they haven't handled it. It's been abysmal they've "dithered and delayed".

In Boris' acceptance speech he admitted a lot of the voters will no doubt revert back to Labour at the next election and thanked them for their vote.

I'm one of those. I wanted a Labour government out of the E.U. That wasn't on offer. All that was on offer was more discussion and another possible referendum. I think they got that badly wrong. Dismissing leavers as mere protest voters was arrogance of the highest order.

Like I said this government has been found wanting so early it's embarrassing regarding Covid-19. If I had a Crystal ball or time machine I would have abstained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think it will be a land slide victory for Labour in the next election. Boris made reference to people voting Conservative to get Brexit done. If they do that they'll have done what they were voted in to do. They've handled this pandemic...well they haven't handled it. It's been abysmal they've "dithered and delayed".

In Boris' acceptance speech he admitted a lot of the voters will no doubt revert back to Labour at the next election and thanked them for their vote.

I'm one of those. I wanted a Labour government out of the E.U. That wasn't on offer. All that was on offer was more discussion and another possible referendum. I think they got that badly wrong. Dismissing leavers as mere protest voters was arrogance of the highest order.

Like I said this government has been found wanting so early it's embarrassing regarding Covid-19. If I had a Crystal ball or time machine I would have abstained.
    Steve

It's not quite that simple for Labour to achieve a landslide based on Johnson as a leader and economic Armageddon on its way .

The then Tory leader William Hague ran rings around Blair in the HOC and then got routed at the GE .

Labour have to first understand why its heartlands voted to leave the EU and why they turned Tory to ensure it was done .

They also have to come up with policies that are new , credible and come in on budget .

It's a mammoth task , when my gaffer tells me he's voting Labour as well as his workforce which includes the office staff and blue collar then you know Labour will win with a landslide .

We've a bit to go with that although everyone thinks Starmer is very good , it's a start but nowt more than that at this moment in time .

When the Tories kick Johnson out and replace him with the current Chancellor then it becomes a different game and that's why policies are crucial .

The R ez gone up from 0.5 to 0.9 to 0.7 to 1.0.

Johnson said in the Commons on Wednesday that the R is THE most important measure.

At the Press Conference today now the R has increased the Govt stooges were saying it's perhaps that not as crucial and has to be seen alongside a range of other measures.

Could go the way of the global comparison graph. It was very important, poured over and crowed abart when it showed other countries were performing worse than the UK. Now we are up there as one of the worst it has been quietly dropped from the presentation.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-05-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Oh dear , after revealing there will have to be checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea after all last week , pre election apparently there wasn't ...... we now have this little scenario brewing up .

There was going to be a £26k pa threshold for migrant workers entering the UK to have to adhere to , so basically to try and eliminate the amount of cheap and unskilled labour entering the country .

Apparently there could be a problem with this now , such as nobody to do to the low paid work .

The new Tory Heartlands didn't vote for this Boris .

I sincerely hope you aren't backtracking now you are in number 10 old boy , your new friends won't like this .

How long is it since the election .... 6 months !!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9516786.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234