+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Proper Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I was in the TC Keay, mental reaction to one one the best United goals ever, scored in our most important game ever. Was worried for my old mans safety in the mosh.
    When Ralph chipped it there was a slight delay because it was so far out you kind of expected well the keeper must save that, but when you see it back on tv later obviously very different. It was a bit like when action on tv is slowed down then speeded up.
    Incredible day, I admit I never thought I would see it, but we came a long long way from Clepington Park with no goal posts to our name to becoming Scottish Premiership Champions.
    We were in the TC Keay end, Ralphs goal was sublime, other than the 94 SC Final the match felt like the longest match ever.

We landed up in Luggy’s Pub after the match, met Luggy and Boney for some banter. Luggy could hardly walk due to his hamstring problem. Not that he was bothered about it after the day he’d had.

Magic stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    We were in the TC Keay end, Ralphs goal was sublime, other than the 94 SC Final the match felt like the longest match ever.

We landed up in Luggy’s Pub after the match, met Luggy and Boney for some banter. Luggy could hardly walk due to his hamstring problem. Not that he was bothered about it after the day he’d had.

Magic stuff!
    And Wee Jum had them playing in a testimonial at Forfar the very next afternoon! Crazy stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The turnstile operator said to me,"I have been told to shut and you cannie come in."I was 21 in the army and vaulted over before he finished his sentence.So it was 29,101 mate.
    There was a half hearted charge by the Derry Boys to remove us,we were on the verge of winning the League at Dens,how do you think that went?.

I was in the Provie with a large bunch of arabs. We had to hide our scarves to gain entry via the turnstyles and, IIRC, we were pretty clandestine until Ralphie scored. Then we just erupted, and it was obvious there were loads of us in there. The Tangerine colours came out and the polis just let us get on with it. To be fair to the Dees that were alongside us, they just seemed to accept our presence and let us get on with it. Perfect hosts on the most special day for us.

I walked down past Tannadice after the game and stopped to look back up the street to see a mass of celebrating arabs. I said to myself, 'remember this scene' and it is safely secure in my memory ever since.

Champions of Scotland. Ralphie. What a day!

It shows up on the TV coverage when future Arab Legend Iain Ferguson scores for the Funny Lot and less than half of the Provie Road end ‘celebrates’ in the background. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Perfect hosts on the most special day for us.
    And they were ready to draw on that wealth of past experience to make the Guard Of Honour Derby truly another special Title day to remember for the happy Arabs. Alas, we shall not now get a chance to enjoy their warm hospitality.

And likely not for a long time to come either.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 15-05-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I was in the Provie with a large bunch of arabs. We had to hide our scarves to gain entry via the turnstyles and, IIRC, we were pretty clandestine until Ralphie scored. Then we just erupted, and it was obvious there were loads of us in there. The Tangerine colours came out and the polis just let us get on with it. To be fair to the Dees that were alongside us, they just seemed to accept our presence and let us get on with it. Perfect hosts on the most special day for us.

I walked down past Tannadice after the game and stopped to look back up the street to see a mass of celebrating arabs. I said to myself, 'remember this scene' and it is safely secure in my memory ever since.

Champions of Scotland. Ralphie. What a day!
    I had a massive flag with me that could not be hidden.

Started going out with the now wife in Dec 82, in May 83 shes standing beside me in the T C Keay end watching United win the league and wondering why I'm in tears. I said to her at the time, I'll probably not see this ever again. Fantastic memories of that glorious day.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Started going out with the now wife in Dec 82, in May 83 shes standing beside me in the T C Keay end watching United win the league and wondering why I'm in tears. I said to her at the time, I'll probably not see this ever again. Fantastic memories of that glorious day.
    Brilliant,FACT.

There is bound to be a photo out there somewhere with the Arabs in the Provie,there was at the time and my flag was definitely shown.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)