+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Proper Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Yeah you're right ...made a bit of an ars e of that...I got mixed up with the season Hearts lost the league at Dens
    You nearly got away with it mate,a mod who followed you missed it and other Arabs and ros were too busy hammering the SNP on the virus thread.
    Anyway it takes a bit of bottle to come back on and admit your mistake mate.

I loved thon hat!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I loved thon hat!

Its brilliant mate,doesna look like you could swing a cat in that dressing room though its very dated.

I was on way back from Europe and gad to make do with listening on the radio. Ralphie's early goal settled the nerves then Big Davie went down in the darkblue box 2-0 up the the Huns beating the Tic 2-0 surely we must do it. Then the Fun scored. Half time, thought when does either of them come back fae 2-0 in an OF match. c'mon United. 2nd half was torture especially with Cellic coming back to 4-2 in front. Only second 45 minutes I've ever come near to that was Hampden 94. Then it was all over!! Made it home next day in time to be in the city square wasn't missing that for anything.

The game at Forfar United lost 1-0. According to Heggie in his book Wee Jum raged at them in the dressing room afterwards. Most of them were still half pissed or at least hung over. Bit like the crowd in the City Square

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its brilliant mate,doesna look like you could swing a cat in that dressing room though its very dated.
    I think that’s why Oldco Rangers sold it all on lock,stock and barrel back in the day in order to get something better.

Was in t c keay. Think it is earliest left the pub to gogo to game. Mates all said 'you canna be going slready'. Replied 'I'm off not missing this never happen again!' what a day.

Bumpety bump - and Happy 60th yesterday to the gone far too quickly Sir Ralph Milne. You gave me the greatest footballing day of my life that is likely never to be exceeded.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Bumpety bump - and Happy 60th yesterday to the gone far too quickly Sir Ralph Milne. You gave me the greatest footballing day of my life that is likely never to be exceeded.
    We may relegate the dee (again) and that I have been told on good authority is better than winning a trophy James

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    We may relegate the dee (again) and that I have been told on good authority is better than winning a trophy James
    Is that right? Oh well hey ho, whatever floats their boat - I’ll just stick with what we achieved otherwise thanks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)