+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jimmy Glass....

Jimmy Glass....

Despite only being on loan to Carlisle he's one of my favorite players of all time due to his last second goal twenty years ago that kept Utd in the league,now there's a program all about it on Sky Football that you can download with Jimmy himself and David Brightwell,I hope that Carlisle thanked him by signing him up..... Oh

The worst Carlisle United goalkeeper in my lifetime, and I am as old as time itself, was Jimmy Glass. Yet the club incredibly tried to sign him on after his big moment but terms could not be agreed.

None of the then Football League clubs wanted him and before long he retired at an age that was young but sufficient for him to realise that he was s­hite.

Of course this will be one of the most despised posts ever written on here because it does not sit well with the popularity of 'his day'.
    Last edited by Neil_McDonalds_dick; 15-05-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Nope, I agree, he was devoid of goalkeepering skill. As he showed, he was a better forward.

Jimmy Glass is just the kind of underdog who I love,on loan to the bottom club because nobody else wanted him and then on the last dying seconds of the final game of the season the underdog has its day and Sky are still talking about it twenty years later,he should be revered with God like status by cumbrians for keeping.you up,I would sooner have a pint with him and listen to him tell his story far more than any premier league player

Jimmy,Jimmy give us a wave
    Jimmy give us a wave

Just watched it on YouTube and what a great story,I didn't know that he only played three games for Utd or that he wasn't even their first choice,who would have believed at the start of that game he would have a program dedicated to his final kick of the game and he seems such a nice bloke as well as
    I'm surprised that he managed to get back to his goal after all of the supporters that had jumped on him in celebration and receiving a boot on the nose... My money's on Neil McDonald's dick for that

Funniest bit is watching the ref getting poleaxed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)