+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ground

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, it's only the ones behind the East Stand, Pat. There are plans for the land behind the Gallowgate (Strawberry PLace) and a load of new builds just opposite the Milburn/Gallowgate corner.
    Correct. The development on the Metro car park has been acquired by the company building Hadrian's Tower and they want to start building asap. A seven story block has just been given planning permission to engulf the Strawberry pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Correct. The development on the Metro car park has been acquired by the company building Hadrian's Tower and they want to start building asap. A seven story block has just been given planning permission to engulf the Strawberry pub.
    Yeah, saw the plans for that. Funnily enough, even though it overshadows their new beer garden terrace, the owners of the Strawberry are in favour as they say it safeguards their future,

As for the Hadrian's Tower folk, I suspect they could be convinced to build elsewhere given enough financial incentive.

Aye, money talks. We'll see how much is needed in the near future.

Or will we.

Aye...we'll see, eh?

Do you think they'll pump in Man City like funds ? I'm not sure they will. Mind, I'd be happy for a owner to let the club keep and invest the money it generates, anything else is a bonus. Here's hoping for the bonus.

Do you think they'll pump in Man City like funds ? I'm not sure they will. Mind, I'd be happy for a owner to let the club keep and invest the money it generates, anything else is a bonus. Here's hoping for the bonus.
    Financial Fair Play is restrictions on Transfer fees and wages if I remember correctly. No limitations on investment in infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Financial Fair Play is restrictions on Transfer fees and wages if I remember correctly. No limitations on investment in infrastructure.
    My query is not that they can, it's whether they will. (Like Sheikh Mansour)

My query is not that they can, it's whether they will. (Like Sheikh Mansour)
    I think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    You could get about 60K capacity or so by building over the road behind Gallowgate to extend the upper tier to three sides but it would be costly due to the metro tunnels etc. and would rely on stopping up or building over adopted highway - i.e the road & footpaths and would in all likelihood be objected to by the new owners of the land Jabba asset stripped but there’ll be an engineering solution, ownership solution & highway solution if all parties are willing and the city council is on board. I’m sure someone has posted a mock up of this on here before.
    Freddy Shepherd was planning on doing exactly that.

The jewel
    Saudi stadium in Jeddah built by our prospective new owners

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)