+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: League two clubs vote to end season

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you've answered your own question there. If 2019/20 is completely voided, Barrow have no more right than Chorley to be promoted.
    The only two options are for Notts to take Bury's place or for nobody to take Bury's place.
    I can't see it being completely voided, PPG will be calculated. I think that is the fairest way and try to play the play-offs, behind closed doors.

I would relegate 3 from L1 but promote 4 from L2.

Then relegate 1 from L2 and promote 2 from the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I can't see it being completely voided, PPG will be calculated. I think that is the fairest way and try to play the play-offs, behind closed doors.

I would relegate 3 from L1 but promote 4 from L2.

Then relegate 1 from L2 and promote 2 from the National League.
    Correct - that's the way it should go IF common sense was common. Let's hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by FRT 87 View Post
    If 19/20 is completely voided , who should take Burys place in the 92?

Barrow as they are top of National league?..Notts as they were best placed relegated side in 18/19? Fylde as they lost the promotional play off final in 2019 ? or Solihull as they were runners up in the league 2019. All have viable cases

Mansfield and Newport could also argue that they should be placed in league one as they finished fourth and lost the play off finals in league 2 respectively.
    It's all a matter of timing;- had Bury been expelled (or gone bust) before the EFL AGM in June(?) 2019 then Notts would have been saved no doubt. But as the EFL and National League AGM's took place and relegations for 2019 and league allocations for 2019/20 confirmed there is no case for Notts, Fylde or Solihull at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinawhite1000 View Post
    Correct - that's the way it should go IF common sense was common. Let's hope it does.
    Depends on what the proposal for the two promoted places is. If PPG is accepted, then it would be right to have top five playing in play offs. Perhaps like a mini league, World Cup style. If you are going to disregard fairest two options - finish season or void whole lot - then any crackpot scheme would be fair game. As I have said before, just promoting Barrow isn't fair as they have won nothing. And, personally, I don't believe they would had the season been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Depends on what the proposal for the two promoted places is. If PPG is accepted, then it would be right to have top five playing in play offs. Perhaps like a mini league, World Cup style. If you are going to disregard fairest two options - finish season or void whole lot - then any crackpot scheme would be fair game. As I have said before, just promoting Barrow isn't fair as they have won nothing. And, personally, I don't believe they would had the season been completed.
    The problem with that is 3 fold;-
    1) The NL rules and regulations do actually mention PPG and whilst they don't list the occasions it can be used all that means is that no occasions (pandemic or otherwise) has been ruled out.
    2) As for promotion places we can all argue about what might or might not have happened - but we'll never actually know. BUT as PPG can be used in the NL a final table can be achieved. Once that is achieved the top team as per the agreement between the EFL and NL is promoted.
    3) Also in the NL/EFL rules there is provision for a 2nd team to promoted - however that place is decided EITHER via the play-offs OR by promoting the 2nd placed team. In addition to that the format of the play offs (IF they take place) has to be agreed by the end of the June before the season starts;- and that was agreed as the 2nd to 7th place teams.
    I know for a Notts fan not going up on league position will suck - but those are the actual EFL and NL rules and regulations.

HOWEVER... I think once this is all over the top 3 or 4 teams in the NL might need to be promoted to the EFL to replace teams who fold or are expelled (maybe Macclesfield?) - although that might drag on for a bit time wise.... At least that would give us all things to talk about while there's still no real football taking place.

At least if there are ever to be any play-off games the newly renovated pitch is looking sweet

Name:  98170651_10157622055292983_9196857326835859456_n.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  65.6 KB

Pic from club Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    At least if there are ever to be any play-off games the newly renovated pitch is looking sweet

Pic from club Facebook
    A day or 2 of rain and that'll be perfect. It's pretty much what we also do each season. I don't think there is any co-incidence the top 5 (minus Harrogate's plastic effort) have some of the best passing pitches in the NL. Notts and Yeovil were obviously EFL teams in 2018/19, Boreham Wood's hybrid pitch was basically financed by Arsenal also using the ground and is the same as some PL clubs use and when Evatt took over at Barrow he wanted the pitch redone each year so the surface suited his intended playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Pic from club Facebook
    I miss this place!

No relegation from League 2 apparently!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52737200 (3rd paragraph)

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    No relegation from League 2 apparently!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52737200 (3rd paragraph)
    That's old news, the chances of the FA accepting it is apparently slim though

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast