+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: League two clubs vote to end season

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

Harrogate’s manager with his er opinion on things.

My opinion is that he can stick his opinion straight up his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

Harrogate’s manager with his er opinion on things.

My opinion is that he can stick his opinion straight up his arse.
    Need Ardley to step up and make our case now.

We have a better goal difference, better form, still had to play them at home. Three points would have taken us above them.

Play us Harrogate, play the game for real.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Need Ardley to step up and make our case now.

We have a better goal difference, better form, still had to play them at home. Three points would have taken us above them.

Play us Harrogate, play the game for real.
    Better form? Check the last 6 games.

They have more points than us. Points in the bag are definite, what if they had beaten us at home?

No case imo. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

They have more points than us. Points in the bag are definite, what if they had beaten us at home?

No case imo. Sadly.

What if we’d played Torquay and won, we’d have been second?

Ifs and buts. 1st is an automatic promotion place. 2nd isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

No case imo. Sadly.
    We beat them at their place when the players we'd cobbled together hardly knew each other, on a plastic pitch.
    Had they won their last four on the bounce?
    They had no chance of finishing above us.

Why are these clubs so desperate to have promotion decided on paper? Because they're s*** scared of Notts, that's why. They knew full well we'd overtake them.

If they aren't up for playing a game of football to decide it, move out of the way and let the big boys through, thank you very much.

It’s abit of a strong statement to say they wouldn’t finish above us we will never that as the games aren’t being played.

It’s easy to be over confident when we all know the games are off we’d all be nervous if we had to play them in a crunch game.

I don’t think they are scared to play anyone it is up to the authorities to sort it and make sure the play offs are played if we were in Harrogate position we’d probably be hoping what they are hoping for.

I do think we now have a better team than them but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that points on the board are what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    It’s abit of a strong statement to say they wouldn’t finish above us we will never that as the games aren’t being played.

It’s easy to be over confident when we all know the games are off we’d all be nervous if we had to play them in a crunch game.

I don’t think they are scared to play anyone it is up to the authorities to sort it and make sure the play offs are played if we were in Harrogate position we’d probably be hoping what they are hoping for.

I do think we now have a better team than them but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that points on the board are what matters.
    Don't forget we'd just beaten Barrow on their own patch. There's no way Harrogate wouldn't be more nervous than us about playing in front of at least 7k, possibly a lot more.

We are top of the table on games played since Christmas and the last two months. The biggest cliche in football is that you're only as good as your last game. we won ours 4-0, Harrogate couldn't beat a side at home that hasn't won since 1st January, a sure sign they were about to bottle it just like Barrow. We were improving on our results each game - 2-1, 2-0, 3-1, 4-0. Then you throw in our tactical genius manager Neal Ardley into the mix and it's inconceivable that we wouldn't have won the title.

Yeah they would have nerves that would be normal.

You can reel off cliches all you like a quick look at the table is all that matters and i'd swap positions with them.

Pitty this tactucal genius couldnt outwit Sol Campbell a year ago !

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Why are these clubs so desperate to have promotion decided on paper? Because they're s*** scared of Notts, that's why. They knew full well we'd overtake them.

If they aren't up for playing a game of football to decide it, move out of the way and let the big boys through, thank you very much.
    First it was the Barrow manager Ian Evatt and now the Harrogate manager Simon Weaver thinking that their clubs deserve to get promoted to League Two when their teams have won nothing. What is it with these managers?

The playoffs may or may not happen but if they didn’t then 2nd place should not be an automatic promotion right of passage. You can’t change the goalposts (pardon the pun) of a competition that everyone entered on the basis that 2nd-7th were playoff places that is 80% completed as well.

I’m confident our manager and owners are quietly behind the scenes putting our clubs case to the National League with calm and rationale whilst using our strength and muscle as the biggest club in the National League. That is where it matters most, so in my opinion Neal Ardley does not need to say what he and our club wants the outcome to be to the press like those two clubs managers have done.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 20-05-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast