+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: League two clubs vote to end season

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Just did the maths, if our league did the same and was decided by average home pts + average away pts the table wouldn't change much, apart from Barnet climbing to 7th

Barrow
    Harrogate
    Notts
    Yeovil
    Boreham
    Halifax
    Barnet

Same if its straight pts per game
    I would be massively confident of promotion given our results against all those sides should we have a playoff. Only team that we did not beat this season was Barnet, when we were a **** show. Yes Yeovil was the Trophy, but the manner of that victory was a catalyst for what happened thereafter.

If L2 has play offs and there's relegation from L1 to L2, then it should be the same between L2 and the NL, no arguments. Why the hell should we be treated differently?

As I think Did alluded to, there are a couple of teams on very shaky ground sadly. I might not even come to playoffs. Macclesfield and Oldham are both struggling to pay players on time if at all, with the furloughing dropping soon, I can see a couple of teams going to the wall sadly

Been the likely result since the season ‘finished’.

Is it likely to be ratified?

‘No commitments made’.

So as it stands Swindon are celebrating the title. They have voted for no relegation meaning Stevenage are safe. League one to vote next week. Does anyone now think league one clubs will vote for relegation now league two havent. What a mess this has become. Swindon are celebrating a little too quick on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by itsagrandoldteam View Post
    So as it stands Swindon are celebrating the title. They have voted for no relegation meaning Stevenage are safe. League one to vote next week. Does anyone now think league one clubs will vote for relegation now league two havent. What a mess this has become. Swindon are celebrating a little too quick on this one.
    The EFL are hardly falling over themselves to stop this though are they? It could be that the leagues all become heavily loaded with teams, as was suggested weeks ago. Which of course would mean several teams being promoted to League 2. Unless of course they decided to run a 20 team league.

i wonder if the EFL are thinking. No team relegated from L2 means no parachute for Stevenage and now half for Yeovil and Notts for next season. Saves them a few bob!

The FL invite National League teams into their league, it's not mandatory.
    Without completing the season it's unlikely that they'd relegate Stevenage. So it looks like Barrow will be invited to take Burys place.
    Our best hope is if two league clubs go bust and do it early enough for us to be let in. I've not given up hope of that happening, after Bury robbed us of our league place I no longer care about Macclesfield or even Bolton going to the wall if it gets us back in.
    Realistically it's going to be hard for clubs to sell season tickets with no start date in mind so summer cash flows are going to be dire and I'd be surprised if a couple din't go through.

Sky sports news are saying 3 up from L2 and no relegation.

Stevenage should be relegated and as been said on here it's possible more than one L1 and L2 clubs are in financial difficulties.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast