+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: League two clubs vote to end season

We all know that Barrow will take the place of Bury and that they'll be no promotions or relegations. The EFL and National League are two seperate league systems so I'd imagine the EFL are quite within their rights to not relegate anyone.

I can see Macclesfield going bust though and that will see Harrogate go up. Or even see L2 run two clubs short next season. Especially as the season will not start until later in the year, no chance it'll start in August.

I cant see any of this being sorted until the Premier League sort their affairs out, as what they do has a domino effect down each league from there. As they are insistent on playing again it will be late June at the earliest before a clear(er) picture emerges.

The lower leagues have to plan for a late August/September start. The FA Cup early rounds have to start in August for example for it all to fit going forward.

Whatever happens, if we are in this league come the start of the next campaign I agree with the comments above, namely we have to put a team out that can batter the opposition week in week out and sort our future out on merit. By the time this last one ended we just about had that team in place.

Another couple of afterthoughts...
    1. If clubs in L2 don't go bust I'll be amazed. The only thing that will keep the status quo is a cash injection from the premier to cover EFL and NL costs through till next season can start
    2. There is already a drip feed starting of players being released and contract announcements, with clubs not waiting for June 30th.

People seem to be missing the point that today’s vote was only advisory, relegation from League 2 is mandatory, and the FA have to ratify any change to those rules.

There’s still likely to be relegation from the PL, and you’d have to imagine they would like some consistency across the leagues

Not sure whether this article has already been posted...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52680382

Barrow sounding a bit too happy at the end of it. I certainly don't agree with this from Ian Evatt...

""Hopefully we come on the end of the right outcome, which is what we deserve and I don't think many people can argue about it," said Barrow boss Ian Evatt.

We bloody well can Ian! As can Harrogate to be fair.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Barrow sounding a bit too happy at the end of it. I certainly don't agree with this from Ian Evatt...

""Hopefully we come on the end of the right outcome, which is what we deserve and I don't think many people can argue about it," said Barrow boss Ian Evatt.

That's an outrageous statement. Harrogate's next home game would have been against Barrow, the gap would have been closed to a single point with 7 further games to play afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That's an outrageous statement. Harrogate's next home game would have been against Barrow, the gap would have been closed to a single point with 7 further games to play afterwards.
    This would honestly make me feel worse than when we were relegated. We deserved what we got last season. This season however we were in form at the right time (like Harrogate) and could have won it... unfortunately we will never know, and that is nobody’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Absolutely ridiculous comments, 4 points ahead with 9 games left, it’s hardly a Liverpool situation is it?

There was no way we were going to lose another game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Especially when Barrow's leading goalscorer faced a 3 match ban.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast