+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League 2 - Disgusting

League 2 - Disgusting

So all the clubs in league 2 have got together and said nobody can be relegated! How the f uck can there be promotions if there are no clubs relegated! It makes no sense. So is it fair that Stevenage who were odd on certs to go down can stay up whereby clubs in the National League are in limbo! Even Barrow should not automatically be given promotion as they could easily have been caught by Harrogate Town and had to go to their place too!

I wish players would shut the f uck up and stop moaning and wanting assurances saying is it safe blah blah - well it's far safer to play behind closed doors as opposed to key workers including those in supermarkets on the minimum wage.

If they were to even contemplate no relegations from the Premier League - well Liverpool could not be handed the title and matches would be meaningless. I for one would never want to go to a match again!

PS - Greasy Jack won't need any assurances about safety behind closed doors when he's been out on the piss and crashing his car and wrecking others. I suppose that's different!

A lot of people are turning right off from football as many of the greedy ****s are showing their true colours. Berahino back to West Brom - I would not want this selfish, arrogant tosser back even if he were offered a cleaners job!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    So all the clubs in league 2 have got together and said nobody can be relegated! How the f uck can there be promotions if there are no clubs relegated! It makes no sense. So is it fair that Stevenage who were odd on certs to go down can stay up whereby clubs in the National League are in limbo! Even Barrow should not automatically be given promotion as they could easily have been caught by Harrogate Town and had to go to their place too!

I wish players would shut the f uck up and stop moaning and wanting assurances saying is it safe blah blah - well it's far safer to play behind closed doors as opposed to key workers including those in supermarkets on the minimum wage.

If they were to even contemplate no relegations from the Premier League - well Liverpool could not be handed the title and matches would be meaningless. I for one would never want to go to a match again!

PS - Greasy Jack won't need any assurances about safety behind closed doors when he's been out on the piss and crashing his car and wrecking others. I suppose that's different!

A lot of people are turning right off from football as many of the greedy ****s are showing their true colours. Berahino back to West Brom - I would not want this selfish, arrogant tosser back even if he were offered a cleaners job!
    Bet you're glad to get that of your chest.

With Bury dropping out of the league and others possibly going bust Al there’s no excuse for not promoting Barrow and Harrogate regardless.

I’m a Harrogate lad but I don’t think you can begrudge Barrow promotion as they’ve been the standout side this year.

I hope they go up regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

I totally agree about the no relegation or promotion from the National league is wrong the problem with league 2 is to save money most clubs have furloughed their players and with the cost of testing and paying players of up to £300.000 and with no gate receipts most clubs can't afford that, the problem is if clubs in all divisions including the prem and Championship don't complete the season they will have to pay fans, TV companies and sponsors back which could well see a number of clubs going out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    With Bury dropping out of the league and others possibly going bust Al there’s no excuse for not promoting Barrow and Harrogate regardless.

I’m a Harrogate lad but I don’t think you can begrudge Barrow promotion as they’ve been the standout side this year.

I hope they go up regardless.

I agree Mick - both should be promoted! Would be unfair though to promote Barrow alone as Harrogate were the inform side and not much in it plus Barrow were due to come to Harrogate.

All missing revenue from league 2 and National League in terms of crowds for remaining matches and any other revenue lost including testing etc should have been picked up by the League! Turns my stomach that the Premier League and International Marches are a cash cow and not enough money filters down!! In other countries money filters down to even kids soccer/facilities etc where our kids still play on dog s hit pitches with no changing rooms!

All these owners etc voting just what is good for them led by Karen Brady which I don't have a problem with until they then start spouting about the 'integrity of football'

My local club Brighton are a case in point. They argue against points per game on the basis they have 5 at home and 4 away. The 5 home games are
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Newcastle

How many points do you reckon they would get from that little lot?

I am impressed with the way our Albion are handling things
    Some great stories of fan communication
    Refunds back on tickets bought and promise to sort out STH shortly
    Hawthorns as a maternity hospital
    Not shouting their mouth off about what or should or shouldn't happen with regard to season end.

Well done Baggies.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)