+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beginning of the end of society?

I applied for a home test kit Sunday at GOV UK and it's being delivered Thursday that's not bad is it I take the test and arrange for the return courier who picks it up to 24hrs later, results in 3 days done and dusted

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I applied for a home test kit Sunday at GOV UK and it's being delivered Thursday that's not bad is it I take the test and arrange for the return courier who picks it up to 24hrs later, results in 3 days done and dusted
    Which category applies Dools

You can apply for a test if you are:

= an essential worker with coronavirus symptoms
    = aged 65 or over with coronavirus symptoms
    = someone who cannot work from home and has coronavirus symptoms (for example, construction workers or delivery drivers)

= an essential worker with coronavirus symptomsan essential workeraged 65 or over with coronavirus symptoms
    = someone who cannot work from home and has coronavirus symptoms (for example, construction workers or delivery drivers)

= Anyone with coronavirus symptoms can apply if they live with an essential worker, a person aged 65 or over, or someone who travels to work.

You can also apply for a test if you have a clinical referral from NHS 111 online.
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-05-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Hello again Mr Animal,I lived and went to school during the Second World War and just remember going into the air raid shelters at school and in our front garden.Also on VE Day I went to a party in a church hall in Rossington and the tables were filled with sandwiches and buns and cakes,I along with the rest of the kids started to put the food in our pockets and up our jumpers until the ladies told us it was alright to sit down and eat as much as we wanted.I was born in the family maternity home in Rossington which was Grandma’s house and returned to live with Grandma after my mother died in 1943.I remember a little about the war like seeing one of our bombers flying over the village on fire and then crashing outside the village killing all the crew but the best was the VE Day party and games.I know a lot of the kids were sick after eating too much at the party because we were not used to eating as much food.Also I remember Christmas Day 1944 and I may have told this before.I had heard of this old man called Father Christmas who delivered toys to kids on Christmas Day and on Christmas morning I came down the stairs in my little shirt with the wind blowing round my little testimonials {we were poor like all the other miners families so didn’t have any pyjamas}I looked round and there were no toys to be seen,I asked my Grandma who was black leading the fire place stove ready for the cooking of the Christmas dinner why Father Christmas had not been and these were her exact words “He was coming in his sleigh but the Germans shot him down over the North Sea but he bailed out and with a bit of luck he will get through next year”As you may know toys were not made in England during the war because everything went into armament manufacture so you had to hope someone was handy enough to build toys,unfortunately my poor old Dad couldn’t knock a nail in straight so we went without.
    I am sorry it’s been so long since I have been on here but I suffered another stroke last year and had to move back to South Yorkshire to be near my family.I moved into a new bungalow in Ellington near Doncaster in March last year but within a few weeks my Mercedes gla was stolen from my drive with only 1600 miles on the clock.I had never been in Ellington before I moved there but soon found out what a terrible village it has become with drug needles in the streets.I have now moved to Sprotbrough Village which is in the “Posh part of Doncaster” Although I do miss Filey.inSOTE=animallittle3;39496066]We are going

We could be like this for some time , 12 or 18 months but we have to get on with but it , let's not lose hope .

6 years the people and the military went through WW2 .

Air raids most nights .

Rationing

Worried about loved ones fighting .

Threat of invasion

What the future held .

They stood strong and took the hardship on the chin and eventually overcame the Germans and Japanese in Asia .

We can do this .[/QUOTE]

I think I did something wrong when typing my message so please excuse my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    I think I did something wrong when typing my message so please excuse my mistakes
    Sorry to read about your mother dying when you were so young Filey.

Although it’s addressed to Animal, it’s great to hear from you...
    Stay safe.

[QUOTE=Fileytyke;39497832]Hello again Mr Animal,I lived and went to school during the Second World War and just remember going into the air raid shelters at school and in our front garden.Also on VE Day I went to a party in a church hall in Rossington and the tables were filled with sandwiches and buns and cakes,I along with the rest of the kids started to put the food in our pockets and up our jumpers until the ladies told us it was alright to sit down and eat as much as we wanted.I was born in the family maternity home in Rossington which was Grandma’s house and returned to live with Grandma after my mother died in 1943.I remember a little about the war like seeing one of our bombers flying over the village on fire and then crashing outside the village killing all the crew but the best was the VE Day party and games.I know a lot of the kids were sick after eating too much at the party because we were not used to eating as much food.Also I remember Christmas Day 1944 and I may have told this before.I had heard of this old man called Father Christmas who delivered toys to kids on Christmas Day and on Christmas morning I came down the stairs in my little shirt with the wind blowing round my little testimonials {we were poor like all the other miners families so didn’t have any pyjamas}I looked round and there were no toys to be seen,I asked my Grandma who was black leading the fire place stove ready for the cooking of the Christmas dinner why Father Christmas had not been and these were her exact words “He was coming in his sleigh but the Germans shot him down over the North Sea but he bailed out and with a bit of luck he will get through next year”As you may know toys were not made in England during the war because everything went into armament manufacture so you had to hope someone was handy enough to build toys,unfortunately my poor old Dad couldn’t knock a nail in straight so we went without.
    I am sorry it’s been so long since I have been on here but I suffered another stroke last year and had to move back to South Yorkshire to be near my family.I moved into a new bungalow in Ellington near Doncaster in March last year but within a few weeks my Mercedes gla was stolen from my drive with only 1600 miles on the clock.I had never been in Ellington before I moved there but soon found out what a terrible village it has become with drug needles in the streets.I have now moved to Sprotbrough Village which is in the “Posh part of Doncaster” Although I do miss Filey.inSOTE=animallittle3;39496066]We are going

We could be like this for some time , 12 or 18 months but we have to get on with but it , let's not lose hope .

6 years the people and the military went through WW2 .

Air raids most nights .

Rationing

Worried about loved ones fighting .

Threat of invasion

What the future held .

They stood strong and took the hardship on the chin and eventually overcame the Germans and Japanese in Asia .

We can do this .

I am so glad to hear from you again Filey

Keep going old mate & my very best wishes

Lovely post Filey

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Which category applies Dools

You can apply for a test if you are:

= an essential worker with coronavirus symptoms
    = aged 65 or over with coronavirus symptoms

= an essential worker with coronavirus symptomsan essential workeraged 65 or over with coronavirus symptoms

= Anyone with coronavirus symptoms can apply if they live with an essential worker, a person aged 65 or over, or someone who travels to work.

You can also apply for a test if you have a clinical referral from NHS 111 online.
    Clinical referral online

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234