+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which German team are you supporting?

None

The idea of supporting a German football team because I'm missing football is like betting on American horse races because I'm missing gambling.

I have no problem at all ignoring both until the real thing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The idea of supporting a German football team because I'm missing football is like betting on American horse races because I'm missing gambling.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Needs must.
    I admire your enthusiasm Navy but I won't be supporting anyone but Notts, except Liverpool, where I was born and raised, and I continue to follow with interest. It's hard enough to support England some times!

I am missing football but not that much that I can get interested in a German league. Holds even less interest than the Premiership does for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Dortmund have been a cut above in the first half. I like Dortmund. The way they play. The kit is dapper and the stadium is one for the bucket list when this is all done.
    Having been to their stadium and been on a tour then I'd recommend it especially if it's somewhere you want to go anyway. They usually have a former footballer that conducts the tours, much like our own Les Bradd does ours.

It was interesting to find out how surprisingly cheap to watch football at Borussia Dortmund is in comparison to the premier league. When I went about five years ago they had standing only areas and tickets were around £20. Not sure if this is still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I admire your enthusiasm Navy but I won't be supporting anyone but Notts, except Liverpool, where I was born and raised, and I continue to follow with interest. It's hard enough to support England some times!
    I was just trying to raise spirits. Btw, I've been to enough England games to know how hard it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Having been to their stadium and been on a tour then I'd recommend it especially if it's somewhere you want to go anyway. They usually have a former footballer that conducts the tours, much like our own Les Bradd does ours.

It was interesting to find out how surprisingly cheap to watch football at Borussia Dortmund is in comparison to the premier league. When I went about five years ago they had standing only areas and tickets were around £20. Not sure if this is still the case.
    Thanks for that MM. I have looked at prices as my 2 boys like them courtesy of FIFA (The game), you are quite right about the price. It’s one of those stadiums that has an atmosphere that very few clubs can generate and I want to experience it. I have seen England at both Wembley and Old Trafford and it was OK. Same as the Bernabeu where I was fortunate to witness Real beat Barca 5-1 more than a decade ago. Ironically the atmosphere when the Barca bus arrived was better than the game itself. Though Madrid were technically the best side I have ever seen live.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

For the last 2 months I have been following Aussie racing and have had far more success gambling on it than I do with English racing.
    I might stick to it. Sky cover the main meetings from 2am until 7am so I record them and watch later.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    For the last 2 months I have been following Aussie racing and have had far more success gambling on it than I do with English racing.
    I might stick to it. Sky cover the main meetings from 2am until 7am so I record them and watch later.
    Isn't that cheating?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast