Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Swindon town f.c. Champions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,877

    Swindon town f.c. Champions

    Do you agree that this is the right decision?

    Do you think Swindon should be promoted?

    Would it be fairer to start the 20/21 season where it left off due to C-19? That would mean the league status (points, goals, etc) would stay the same and then play out the season ....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,416
    Should try and play out the season whenever it becomes possible then scrap all cup competitions and internationals to free up the calendar next season. Anyway nothing is going to please everyone...just hope covid phucks off ASAP!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34,577
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Should try and play out the season whenever it becomes possible then scrap all cup competitions and internationals to free up the calendar next season. Anyway nothing is going to please everyone...just hope covid phucks off ASAP!
    Yes,I agree with Frenchy on this one.. Money talks though so the lower divisions can't afford to have things in place to do the tests etc.

    Good of luck to Swindon,it's not their doing how things have panned out.. I was Just hoping that Phookin dirty Leeds would miss out,but it looks like they will be promoted.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,886
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,I agree with Frenchy on this one.. Money talks though so the lower divisions can't afford to have things in place to do the tests etc.

    Good of luck to Swindon,it's not their doing how things have panned out.. I was Just hoping that Phookin dirty Leeds would miss out,but it looks like they will be promoted.
    There was a rumour Alf that this whole virus thing was started by a Leeds fan, as it was the only way that they would get promoted, being as how they always mess it up at the end of the season?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Do you agree that this is the right decision?

    Do you think Swindon should be promoted?

    Would it be fairer to start the 20/21 season where it left off due to C-19? That would mean the league status (points, goals, etc) would stay the same and then play out the season ....
    Null and Void. If the season cant be played out to an end.

    Ceptic up here will be declared winners of the League next week. Shocking tbh.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,065
    For me football at the moment pales into insignificance as thousands of people are dying and suffering.
    My opinion is all leagues should be null and void.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    For me football at the moment pales into insignificance as thousands of people are dying and suffering.
    My opinion is all leagues should be null and void.
    I totally agree with most of that mate. But for me as I've said before scrap 20/21 and complete this season (all leagues) when its safe to do so. The lawyers will be the only winners imo if they null and void the season .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    I totally agree with most of that mate. But for me as I've said before scrap 20/21 and complete this season (all leagues) when its safe to do so. The lawyers will be the only winners imo if they null and void the season .
    I must agree with you Donny.
    Alas as usual the money men will prevail.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    15,877
    It's a mess and lives come first. I can't get my head around the best solution and see merit in all your answers (including davee's). I can't help but think to have it played out over 2 seasons as being the right thing to do.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,648
    I've got no problem with Swindon being promoted as what's happening is not their doing but if Forest get promoted through Coronavirus I won't be happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •