+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swindon town f.c. Champions

Swindon town f.c. Champions

Do you agree that this is the right decision?

Do you think Swindon should be promoted?

Would it be fairer to start the 20/21 season where it left off due to C-19? That would mean the league status (points, goals, etc) would stay the same and then play out the season ....

Should try and play out the season whenever it becomes possible then scrap all cup competitions and internationals to free up the calendar next season. Anyway nothing is going to please everyone...just hope covid phucks off ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Should try and play out the season whenever it becomes possible then scrap all cup competitions and internationals to free up the calendar next season. Anyway nothing is going to please everyone...just hope covid phucks off ASAP!
    Yes,I agree with Frenchy on this one.. Money talks though so the lower divisions can't afford to have things in place to do the tests etc.

Good of luck to Swindon,it's not their doing how things have panned out.. I was Just hoping that Phookin dirty Leeds would miss out,but it looks like they will be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,I agree with Frenchy on this one.. Money talks though so the lower divisions can't afford to have things in place to do the tests etc.

Good of luck to Swindon,it's not their doing how things have panned out.. I was Just hoping that Phookin dirty Leeds would miss out,but it looks like they will be promoted.
    There was a rumour Alf that this whole virus thing was started by a Leeds fan, as it was the only way that they would get promoted, being as how they always mess it up at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Do you agree that this is the right decision?

Do you think Swindon should be promoted?

Would it be fairer to start the 20/21 season where it left off due to C-19? That would mean the league status (points, goals, etc) would stay the same and then play out the season ....
    Null and Void. If the season cant be played out to an end.

Ceptic up here will be declared winners of the League next week. Shocking tbh.

For me football at the moment pales into insignificance as thousands of people are dying and suffering.
    My opinion is all leagues should be null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    For me football at the moment pales into insignificance as thousands of people are dying and suffering.
    My opinion is all leagues should be null and void.
    I totally agree with most of that mate. But for me as I've said before scrap 20/21 and complete this season (all leagues) when its safe to do so. The lawyers will be the only winners imo if they null and void the season .

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    I totally agree with most of that mate. But for me as I've said before scrap 20/21 and complete this season (all leagues) when its safe to do so. The lawyers will be the only winners imo if they null and void the season .
    I must agree with you Donny.
    Alas as usual the money men will prevail.

It's a mess and lives come first. I can't get my head around the best solution and see merit in all your answers (including davee's). I can't help but think to have it played out over 2 seasons as being the right thing to do.

I've got no problem with Swindon being promoted as what's happening is not their doing but if Forest get promoted through Coronavirus I won't be happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast