+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: German Football

German Football

Well, its back, and I'm watching it to see what sort of experience it is.
    Its weird to say the least (and the commentary is in German).
    At least its having the effect of keeping me in the house and hence socially distancing

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Well, its back, and I'm watching it to see what sort of experience it is.
    Its weird to say the least (and the commentary is in German).
    At least its having the effect of keeping me in the house and hence socially distancing
    Football was born in social communities...
    Without them its not really the sport I know. The fulfillment of contractual agreements is driving this getting seasons finished...without fans....
    I would have no real sense of been remotely interested in this last ditch attempt at saving the game..... If I am to be totally honest...I haven't missed it one bit and have given less and less time to it over the years......
    But I am equally sure many will disagree with me....such is out choices......

I would use one word to describe it and that is 'farcical'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Football was born in social communities...
    Without them its not really the sport I know. The fulfillment of contractual agreements is driving this getting seasons finished...without fans....
    I would have no real sense of been remotely interested in this last ditch attempt at saving the game..... If I am to be totally honest...I haven't missed it one bit and have given less and less time to it over the years......
    But I am equally sure many will disagree with me....such is out choices......
    I have to agree with you Dubbag. I haven’t missed it with everything else going on. I really thought I would but maybe it’s the realisation that there’s a much bigger picture out there than the over hyped media circus of the EPL.

I think it’s imperative that the EPL finishes the season as it is indeed about lucrative TV contracts now and they are the most important thing in the game. The supporters are a secondary thought to be sidelined when it suits so why should the EPL change their priorities now?

I don’t agree with it which is why I have lost interest over the years when the 8PM K/offs on a wet Tuesday evening in Newcastle or Brighton became the norm. The fans serve only as window dressing now as the show is beamed live to Shanghai and Singapore for the global audience

Here is a link that describes how the players etc prepared prior to the games. This is what we will expect when our season resumes next month, BUT disinfected footballs, what!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52691666

Well it was a strange experience.
    I watched some of the 1st half of the RB Leipzig game as the stream seemed good, unlike the 1st match I tried to styream.
    I then watched some of the 2nd half (the last 20 mins). It was pretty flat to say the least.
    I'll have to be pretty bored to watch any again and I certainly wont be adopting a German team.
    On the basis of what I have seen I would just finish the English leagues now, and promote and relegate the appropriate teams so its promotion for Albion and relegation for Villa. That sounds a nice outcome.

To anyone that watched any of it...did the players keep spitting all over the place?...hard habit to break.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    To anyone that watched any of it...did the players keep spitting all over the place?...hard habit to break.
    Only if your name is El Hadji Diouf. Can you imagine the uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Well it was a strange experience.
    I watched some of the 1st half of the RB Leipzig game as the stream seemed good, unlike the 1st match I tried to styream.
    I then watched some of the 2nd half (the last 20 mins). It was pretty flat to say the least.
    I'll have to be pretty bored to watch any again and I certainly wont be adopting a German team.
    On the basis of what I have seen I would just finish the English leagues now, and promote and relegate the appropriate teams so its promotion for Albion and relegation for Villa. That sounds a nice outcome.

Watched some of the Bayern game and got bored. You can even hear players shouting without a crowd so it was like a pub match, and the longer football goes on without crowds the more fans will not miss it. Some players/clubs have done themselves no favors as they have alienated supporters against football with greed and self interest.

Rooney for example saying it's too early to return to football. This overweight drunk is no better than Grealish - he's worried about social distancing behind closed doors and from previous ( like Greasy Jack ) most likely supping the pints with a load of hangers on or slappers!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)