+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: League Reconstruction

she is threatening legal action against clubs as she cant take legal action against spfl without getting suspended. What she has failed to realise is they can get expelled for this too. Unreal stuff. Dundee must be happy as Hearts will hate most clubs by end of this as most look like telling them to **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    she is threatening legal action against clubs as she cant take legal action against spfl without getting suspended. What she has failed to realise is they can get expelled for this too. Unreal stuff. Dundee must be happy as Hearts will hate most clubs by end of this as most look like telling them to **** off.
    I wouldn't think threatening legal action against clubs would be a great way to get clubs to support her ridiculous proposals 😂

Interesting to see Doncaster is now asking clubs to look at a top league of 14 for 5 years to save Hearts.I thought the bail out by the Hearts philanthropist was a no strings attached offer?.

Sorry but i smell a rat here and i hope the other club chairmen can see through this bribe as well.To some of the smaller clubs 50 grand is a lot of money but if you are in the bottom 8 after the split in a 14 team league you stand to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Why was there no FN mention ever of a 14 team top league when we were stuck in the Championship?,do you need to be called Hearts before it gets mentioned.

I sincerely hope we vote against it,there is nothing in this for us or Scottish football in general,how FN ironic would it be if Hearts were saved and sent us back doon next season eh?.

Nobody on here can say they wouldn't want our owners to be doing exactly the same thing if we were in Hearts position. For once we're sitting pretty and having a good laugh but if the roles were reversed we would be wanting our chairman to be fighting tooth and nail for the club, just as Budge is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Nobody on here can say they wouldn't want our owners to be doing exactly the same thing if we were in Hearts position. For once we're sitting pretty and having a good laugh but if the roles were reversed we would be wanting our chairman to be fighting tooth and nail for the club, just as Budge is doing.
    I would want and expect our chairman to except if we were as poor on the pitch as Hearts were this season to take it on the chin and be relegated. Any other way makes a mockery of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I totally understand what Budge is doing but i'm more interested in the change tack of Doncaster.He has been saying for months its a members organisation and i am led by their decisions.

The temporary 14 team set up was doomed to fail because of the mass relegation after season 2 and this is exactly the proposal that Budge has put forward.

All of a sudden last Saturday Ann say's,"I know a guy who is prepared to give Scottish clubs loads of money for nothing."Talks are then held between Doncaster and Anderson the donor and the SPFL are now saying it can be a top league of 14 for 5 years and the diddy leagues below it can reconfigure in any shape they see fit.

The Old Firm and Aberdeen must be behind this or there is no way that Doncaster would be offering clubs the 5 year plan.If its a 14 team league they only have to play the diddy clubs twice before the split(26 games instead of the 33 in the current format)then the top 6 play each another twice giving them a 36 game season instead of 38.

If you are a club in the bottom 8 after the split(26 games)you play each another twice as well meaning a 40 game season.This would suit the bigger clubs in my opinion if as they usually are involved in the latter stages of the cup as it eases fixture congestion and makes it easier to head to Dubai to winter.

In the Scottish Cup it is likely that a top 6 team who drew a bottom 8 side at the 1/4 or semi final stage would have an even bigger advantage than usual having played fewer games because if the bottom 8 need to keep parity with the top 6 for a same day finish they would have to play midweek fixtures to do so.

The big disadvantage for clubs like Hamilton and ST Johnstone with small fan bases would be only playing the bigger clubs twice if they were in the bottom 8 after the split and remember the split would happen much earlier in the season than it does now because its after 26 games rather than the current 33.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 04-06-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Just thought i would add that if we were to re-establish ourselves as a top 6 club the 14 team model would of course suit Dundee United but frankly i think in our first season back its more about survival than anything else.

The only advantage i can see for us in a 14 team top league would be that Inverness would be promoted with us and perhaps that would give us a better chance of staying up.In the longer term we may get the derby's back earlier than anticipated because the Dees might just manage promotion without having to face Hearts and ICT.

Still can’t see this going through. Yes this is now apparently becoming one big bribe on the surface to keep Hearts up. However, you would still think your StJ’s, Hamilton’s, Motherwell’s, St Mirren’s, etc etc, even ourselves, are likely to vote against as a £50k bung upfront in absolutely no way is going to cover the loss of expenditure to be expected through fewer home Twa Cheeks games and less league placing money because of distribution to more Clubs for 5 years. Indeed, 5 years is probably even less palatable than the original 1 or 2.

As a fan, the less I see of Rangers and Celtic fans inside Tannadice, the better. As a business, the potential of only 1 home game vs the bigger teams is not ideal.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)