+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: League Reconstruction

League Reconstruction

14 team temporary arrangement may now be back on the agenda. Make your minds up for gawd’s sake!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52691997

dont really like the idea of temporary, however, its highly unusual circumstances and i do believe those relegated are getting a rough deal. Still laughing at hearts leading this and they have most to lose.

I like Michael Stewart he is a good pundit but in this instance he is only trying to save Hearts.Not one of the top 12 were interested in a 14 team league until Hearts were Marooned at the bottom.

I just cant see teams like ST Johnstone,Ross County etc etc voting for a temporary arrangement when there is the potential for 4 of them to be relegated in 2 years time.

These clubs need the OF fans in their stadiums,there would be less chance of them finishing top 6 and more chance of being relegated if they voted to change the structure.

I still think Hearts may well stay up but that is based on clubs folding rather than voting to save them.To go 14-14-14 requires 9 of the top league to vote yes but 6 said NO last week and others said nothing.

If i remember correctly only around 3 clubs were actually in favour of change so there would have to be a massive shift of opinion for league reconstruction to happen.As i have said from day one if it was the Accies at the bottom the other clubs would give them a clap on Thursday to wish them farewell,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I like Michael Stewart he is a good pundit but in this instance he is only trying to save Hearts.Not one of the top 12 were interested in a 14 team league until Hearts were Marooned at the bottom.

I just cant see teams like ST Johnstone,Ross County etc etc voting for a temporary arrangement when there is the potential for 4 of them to be relegated in 2 years time.

These clubs need the OF fans in their stadiums,there would be less chance of them finishing top 6 and more chance of being relegated if they voted to change the structure.

I still think Hearts may well stay up but that is based on clubs folding rather than voting to save them.To go 14-14-14 requires 9 of the top league to vote yes but 6 said NO last week and others said nothing.

If i remember correctly only around 3 clubs were actually in favour of change so there would have to be a massive shift of opinion for league reconstruction to happen.As i have said from day one if it was the Accies at the bottom the other clubs would give them a clap on Thursday to wish them farewell,FACT.
    “ Hearts were marooned “ I can see what you did there! 😂😂😂

The main reason why Hearts are getting relegated ....

23 point from 30 matches !!!

If this was Hamilton or Ross Co nobody would be bothering

Top 14 is not a good format and even worse if temporary

Top 12 call the leagues as they are with promotion / relegation. It’s simple and lets hope leagues can start again next season

I'm not for it, agree why GB and LSA

If it wasn't a bigger club it wouldn't be back on the agenda

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    “ Hearts were marooned “ I can see what you did there! ������
    Thanks mate,that's why i'm better sticking to threads like this than trying to placate Funsters and Arabs to the right of Genghis Khan on the Virus thread,FACT with a WASC.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'm not for it, agree why GB and LSA

If it wasn't a bigger club it wouldn't be back on the agenda
    agree and if the head of this wasnt the hearts chairman it would be moved on by now

Maybe the SPFL should start a new nationwide appeal called How can we save Hearts but make it look fair

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Maybe the SPFL should start a new nationwide appeal called How can we save Hearts but make it look fair
    play games behind closed doors they are going doon that way i can assure you

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)