+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadia fans v TV fans ....... the future ?

Stadia fans v TV fans ....... the future ?

Stadia fans v TV fans ........... the future ?

Whatever the outcome this season TV dictates football presentation.
    It would appear for a variety of reasons most contributors on this Forum are nowadays television Leeds United supporters and now Stadia fans like myself who've spent thousands travelling over the seasons are the ones losing out for the foreseeable future and I also really feel for Stadia fans of the lower leagues too,not just Leeds.

Will the game change forever as even football now has to consider the 'spirit of the game' regarding players contact prior,during and after games ................. until a vaccine is found if indeed one is ever found.

What next ............ rule changes ?
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 17-05-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Stadia fans v TV fans ........... the future ?

Whatever the outcome this season TV dictates football presentation.
    It would appear for a variety of reasons most contributors on this Forum are nowadays television Leeds United supporters and now Stadia fans like myself who've spent thousands travelling over the seasons are the ones losing out for the foreseeable future and I also really feel for Stadia fans of the lower leagues too,not just Leeds.

Will the game change forever as even football now has to consider the 'spirit of the game' regarding players contact prior,during and after games ................. until a vaccine is found if indeed one is ever found.

What next ............ rule changes ?

You REAL fans are going to have to slum it with those amongst us who for whatever reason couldn't or wouldn't be REAL stadia fans, shame!

Yep,the real shame is that it'll effect the numbers of folks who'll use football forums sadly ........ so let's hope we'll have a site to contribute on - more REAL contributors not the REAL part-timers contributions.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by mrsorichsenior View Post
    yep,the real shame is that it'll effect the numbers of folks who'll use football forums sadly ........ So let's hope we'll have a site to contribute on - more real contributors not the real part-timers contributions.
    mot
    wtf?

All not real fans aren't we (now)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    All not real fans aren't we (now)

Well I am a Leeds fan,not a faceless,plastic,part-time supporter on/off the pitch,forums contributor and now reduced to a possible cardboard cut out image ffs.
    Without matchday atmosphere for me it's a non starter !

Brexit,Covid 19, leaves myself,family at the crossroads now sadly ............

Ah..to be a real fan again with my old dad just like we was in the 80s/90s/0's...what a b@stard cancer and ill health is eh folks?

Congratulations to those who not only have the time but the money to be 'real fans'.

Life's a bitch for us 'not real' fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Well I am a Leeds fan,not a faceless,plastic,part-time supporter on/off the pitch,forums contributor and now reduced to a possible cardboard cut out image ffs.
    Without matchday atmosphere for me it's a non starter !

Brexit,Covid 19, leaves myself,family at the crossroads now sadly ............

Ah, so we're back to the "if you don't attend ER, you're not a real fan" mantra......wondered how long it would take.

The way things are going, the effects of "social distancing" (if ever there was a misnomer, that's it!) are likely to make a lot of activities we took (relatively speaking) for granted will become the province of those whose pockets are deepest. If a club has to maintain a 2m distance between fans then ground capacities generally will be drastically reduced, and for clubs outside the PL, supporters remain their main source of income, so halve the ground capacity, double the ticket/ST prices to generate more or less the same revenue.

For the PL, they could afford to shut the turnstiles and play in empty stadia, and still make huge profits (well, in the upper half of the league anyway), although I suspect that if they have to reduce ground capacity, being the greedy cnuts they are, they will hike prices, even if they don't double them.

Net effect for you and those like you (whether we get promoted or not)? You will be able to bask in the glory of being a "real" fan, because you will have the wherewithall to afford to do so, unlike most "grass roots" fans, who won't be able to take their kids to a match, because they have to feed them instead, or travel to matches because not only are the ticket prices double, but transport is also the province of the rich and famous. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Ah..to be a real fan again with my old dad just like we was in the 80s/90s/0's...what a b@stard cancer and ill health is eh folks?

Congratulations to those who not only have the time but the money to be 'real fans'.

Life's a bitch for us 'not real' fans.

Misunderstood my point Rev ..............

I'm making my points regarding playing in empty stadia end of.
    Not about health or personal finance etc ..........

For me the game will change for better or worse but with the current world situation and British politics it'll have an effect on my family attending football matches in UK.

If I cannot attend as a fan anymore then I cannot represent all attending fans issues as a Representative - no slate was meant to you or anybody end of.
    MOT

Wasn't been clever or having a dig Mrs O just a tongue in cheek comment on passed seasons when I felt like a proper fan.These days its the TV or the Radio with my old man/partner in crime..and we still get all giddy when the Leeds win and super pissed off when we don't.

MOT (Everybody)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)