+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dortmund v Schalke. today

Dortmund v Schalke. today

Anyone else watch this on BT Sport earlier today ? It finished 4-0 to the home side, who were pretty good value for their win against a Schalke team who looked off the pace all through the game , and also put pressure on league leaders Bayern Munich.The fact that no one was watching inside the stadium didn’t bother me at all. Over the years i’ve Seen all levels of football played in front of little or virtually no crowd at all. I am sure the football world would have been watching these televised Bundesliga games, with more than a passing interest to see how it’s going to reflect on their own football leagues. From what I can gather, it looked like a success to me. Maybe not satisfactory for everyone , but a step in the right direction. I shall be watching again next week, and hopefully it will be the same again.

I just don't see the point malwayne. Football without fans is not for me!

I watched the Dortmund v Schalke game and then watched Frankfurt v Moenchengladbach and enjoyed both games.
    Dortmund were very good value for their win and a big bonus for the German police would be the fact that there were no fans present because this local derby has been notorious for trouble between some fans over the years.
    The Frankfurt v Moenchengladbach game saw Gladbach come out winners 3-1. They went ahead 2-0 in the first 6 minutes and kept Frankfurt at bay with a good team performance in which every player worked hard to gain the victory.
    It now means that both Borussias keep up their title challenge, although Bayern Munich play today and would go 4 points ahead of Dortmund if they win. After this weekend's games there are still 8 games to play.

No crowd, no difference ---the games were played and were competitive and sporting integrity was not compromised. We shall just have to wait and see whether they manage to finish the season or if the virus returns to thwart their efforts.

Football without fans is just not football imho. Sterile and just being played for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Football without fans is just not football imho. Sterile and just being played for the money.
    I watch football on the local park on Sunday mornings, there is no crowd there and you see some enjoyable games.
    Football without fans is a game, football with fans is a game, in fact, at the end of the day, as I have always said ----It's only a game!
    Enjoying watching Koln v Mainz with German commentary so that it keeps the old language skills well oiled too.

The game is there to be enjoyed and it is what I watch, I don't go to watch or listen to fans, however, I know that I am in a minority and, as with everything else, it's all about opinions.
    Live sport or replays of Burnley v Wigan or whatever when you know the result? Live every time with or without fans.

Sterile footy, it's disconnected....so not for me -as neither will its replacement, some attachment to virtual gaming, and can't Imagine an empty punk gig back when - or even a full punk gig -without any spitting gob and spurting of beer.....grim stuff.

I play chess and bridge and love exercising my mind. But ask me this. Do I want to watch a film on TV or go to live theatre? Play a record or go to listen to a live band? There is simply no comparison. What we are being offered with football TV with no crowds is a plastic substitute for what we love. If this is the present let alone the future I want no part of it. Have we finally arrived in the Matrix?

Outwood : If you say ''and love exercising my mind.''

Have a look at ''Microvita'' http://www.microvita.org

http://www.microvita.org/Newsletters...letter0102.pdf

....and the Socio-economic theory of Prout, "" Progressive Utilization Theory''

https://www.proutinstitute.org

https://www.ru.org/index.php/economi...n-theory-prout

and more ''seek and you will find!''

Getting ready to go to the Turf, meeting my mates in the pub, joining up with my youngest son, having a pre or post match meal, having the crack with all of the usual suspects and then holding post mortems in the flesh or online after the game, you can't beat it.

I have been regularly going away with the Clarets since about 1964 and for me it is the best possible way to watch a football match. The travel, the banter, meeting up with hundreds of fellow Clarets and going on the lash pre-match just can't be bettered. Sitting on my sofa watching Burnley play in an empty stadium is something I would not enjoy. Itchy feet would not be in it!

I do love the fact that a lot of you think that football without a crowd is sterile.
    If we are honest about things, Premier League football is getting more and more sterile every season with good challenges being penalised and players receiving cautions for absolutely nothing.
    It will continue down this path as FIFA tries to eliminate physical challenges ---what a great opportunity they have now ----- and every bit of physical contacct will be penalised one way or another.

The two games played yesterday were competitive and the Koln v Mainz game featured two smashing goals which were great to watch.
    Better get used to it guys ---it isn't going to end soon.

Personally, I still think that they should keep this season in suspension across the PL, Championship, League One and League Two until it is safe for it to be finished, even if it is May next year when it recommences. We all know that, with League Two already decided that they will play no more, there is no chance of that happening.
    In this case, there should be no promotion or relegation because the season is incomplete and the whole record scrubbed.
    Has anyone bet on whether or not the 2020/21 will be played to a finish or even if it will get started?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)