+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been locked up or committed a crime?

Have you ever been locked up or committed a crime?

I’ve never been in a police cell or been “in trouble” other than speeding offences.

I was the victim of a crime 15 years ago and by pure luck my son witnessed this crime and saw who did it and I was able to exact my own swift revenge on the perpetrators.

Revenge was served cold and was extremely sweet and well deserved but nonetheless would still be regarded as a crime in its own right.

It was a like for like crime against property and not on the person.

Would I do the same again?

You bet.......in a heartbeat.

Any other felons out there?

No never been inside, never wish to be, a free spirit would die. Never been in hospital either, i would find it equally as bad.
    I can't say I haven't committed a crime, all of us have many times over, but nothing serious.

Yes I have, but not in the way you think. As I've said before my father was a policeman and in the fifties even small villages had their own police station and cells, and often a courtroom. As a child I've been in them and were they basic. They also had this musty smell which I can still remember to this day. You wouldn't want to be locked up in there for very long. The police station is now the local museum.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve never been in a police cell or been “in trouble” other than speeding offences.

I was the victim of a crime 15 years ago and by pure luck my son witnessed this crime and saw who did it and I was able to exact my own swift revenge on the perpetrators.

Revenge was served cold and was extremely sweet and well deserved but nonetheless would still be regarded as a crime in its own right.

It was a like for like crime against property and not on the person.

Would I do the same again?

You bet.......in a heartbeat.

Any other felons out there?

I was in Alcatraz two years ago and it’s as if time stood still with almost no changes from being the toughest prison!

Besides this - night in a cell for being wrecked in the younger years��

Many years ago, early 70’s, I think, I was in a fight with another motorist near Bromsgrove (I didn’t start it) but the police and magistrates just saw it as two blokes in a fight and had no interest as to who was to blame, so we were both bound over to keep the peace for 12 months!

I visited Alcatraz in 1999, what a place! Very grim if you were locked up there for the rest of your life. There were some very bad men incarcerated in Alcatraz but also some who had only committed relatively minor offences. I saw an interesting film recently that investigated whether the three escapees, as in the Clint Eastwood film ‘Escape from Alcatraz’, actually made good their bid for freedom or whether they drowned in the attempt. It would seem very likely that they did make good their escape; the film focused mainly on the Anglin brothers, about whom there is quite a lot of information but very little regarding Frank Morris.

The only criminal record I have is Max Bygraves singing Deck of Cards. The old un's are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    The only criminal record I have is Max Bygraves singing Deck of Cards. The old un's are the best.
    Surely you must have had Jailhouse Rock as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I visited Alcatraz in 1999, what a place! Very grim if you were locked up there for the rest of your life. There were some very bad men incarcerated in Alcatraz but also some who had only committed relatively minor offences.
    I also visited Alcatraz some years ago, we managed to get on the last visit of the day when they had the lock-down, the clang as the cell gates closed for the night sent shivers down your spine

I meant this to be a serious thread lads.

Not really bothered about people’s holiday memories.

Really interested in your reply Kets.......it’s very easy to get dragged into a situation.

I got into a bit of trouble in my early ****s. Nothing serious but the police got involved. I was taken to the station and made to wait. I must have been really blubbing as I was just given a few stern words and told to watch my step.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)