+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever been locked up or committed a crime?

My own case was a strange one.

On a trip home from a holiday we got stuck behind a long line of traffic for a long time so once the road opened up I got ready to overtake.

A car in front of me was the first one to move out and he safely overtook four or five cars.

I awaited my turn and did the same.

About 30 minutes later we reached our local cafe stop and pulled in for a meal by which point it was getting dark.

After around 20 minutes a couple of blokes came in together and sat across the cafe from us and they were sniggering and laughing but I thought nothing of it......I just assumed they were Welsh!

Anyway......a couple of minutes later my son came into the cafe and slid in beside us looking preturbed.

He hadn’t wanted to eat so we’d let him stay in the car on his phone paying games as he was about 14 at the time and he was laid flat on the back seat covered in a blanket.

He’d heard a car pull up next to ours and a couple of blokes talking and he felt uneasy so he lay low.

At this point one of these blokes preceded to run a key along the side of my car not realising my son was in the back.

My son gave it a couple of minutes before coming in to tell us what had happened and as he’d watched these men leave our car he knew who they were and carefully pointed them out.

It was obvious that they didn’t actually know who we were though as there was a few people inside the cafe.

The wife wanted to call the police but out in the sticks I thought the chances of them arriving quickly were slim and it might all kick off for the worst in the meantime.

I told wife and son to act normal and we paid up and departed just as these other two chaps food arrived.

My son then kept watch as I spent a joyous couple of minutes going up and down the side of the other blokes car with my nastiest key.

Back and forth I went and I gouged it really deeply just to add to the pleasure.

I recognised their car as one I’d overtaken in the slow moving group of five earlier that evening and they’d obviously taken offence at the temerity of being legally overtaken on a safe,straight road.

I love to think back to their reaction when they saw the hundreds of Pounds worth of damage I’d inflicted on them and them knowing that I knew what they’d done to my car and that they’d been outdone and beaten.

It’s not often in life you get the chance to dish out swift justice.

I’ll bet it still peeves the little t w a t s even to this day! 🤫

I have actually spent a night in the cells up in Lancashire.

It was back in the late sixties and me and a mate went on a football tour in his Morris Minor. On the Tuesday night we went to see a match at Turf Moor and afterwards we decided to spend the night sleeping in the car up on the moors. About 2 o'clock in the morning, we noticed some car headlights and a car stopped just behind us. Suddenly there was a tap on the window and there stood a burly copper. He quizzed us on where we had been that night and we told him about going to the football. He then asked if he could search the car which we had no objection to.

After the search he asked us to follow him to the police station in Bacup. While we were being questioned, we discovered why we had to go to the station. Apparently, someone had stolen a quantity of television sets from an electrical store in the town that night. Now, if you can cast your minds back to the size of television sets in those days, you can see how laughable the situation was. How they suspected that we could get even one of those sets in a Morris Minor was beyond us.

Anyway, after about an hour of questioning and checking our identities with our local police in Folkestone, they said that we were free to go.It was now turned 3 o'clock and, not looking forward to going back on the moor and sleeping in the car, I cheekily asked whether we could spend the rest of the night in the cells. They did oblige for us but to be honest, the sounds of the police alsatians barking from about 5 onwards probably meant that we might have been better off sleeping in the car!

So there you have it, my one and only time of being in a police cell.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve never been in a police cell.......
    Trust me, you're not missing anything.

Thread: Have you ever been locked up or committed a crime?

No crime your honor.....
    Last edited by Dubbag; 17-05-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Yes unfortunately for one night, it wasn't my fault, the git was talking when he should have been listening, merely a case of 'do unto others but do it first'. No charge.

Bloody long walk home too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)