My own case was a strange one.

On a trip home from a holiday we got stuck behind a long line of traffic for a long time so once the road opened up I got ready to overtake.

A car in front of me was the first one to move out and he safely overtook four or five cars.

I awaited my turn and did the same.

About 30 minutes later we reached our local cafe stop and pulled in for a meal by which point it was getting dark.

After around 20 minutes a couple of blokes came in together and sat across the cafe from us and they were sniggering and laughing but I thought nothing of it......I just assumed they were Welsh!

Anyway......a couple of minutes later my son came into the cafe and slid in beside us looking preturbed.

He hadn’t wanted to eat so we’d let him stay in the car on his phone paying games as he was about 14 at the time and he was laid flat on the back seat covered in a blanket.

He’d heard a car pull up next to ours and a couple of blokes talking and he felt uneasy so he lay low.

At this point one of these blokes preceded to run a key along the side of my car not realising my son was in the back.

My son gave it a couple of minutes before coming in to tell us what had happened and as he’d watched these men leave our car he knew who they were and carefully pointed them out.

It was obvious that they didn’t actually know who we were though as there was a few people inside the cafe.

The wife wanted to call the police but out in the sticks I thought the chances of them arriving quickly were slim and it might all kick off for the worst in the meantime.

I told wife and son to act normal and we paid up and departed just as these other two chaps food arrived.

My son then kept watch as I spent a joyous couple of minutes going up and down the side of the other blokes car with my nastiest key.

Back and forth I went and I gouged it really deeply just to add to the pleasure.

I recognised their car as one I’d overtaken in the slow moving group of five earlier that evening and they’d obviously taken offence at the temerity of being legally overtaken on a safe,straight road.

I love to think back to their reaction when they saw the hundreds of Pounds worth of damage I’d inflicted on them and them knowing that I knew what they’d done to my car and that they’d been outdone and beaten.

It’s not often in life you get the chance to dish out swift justice.

I’ll bet it still peeves the little t w a t s even to this day! 🤫