+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. Schools...normality and Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Corbyns brother has a different view as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjvnLKgKxsQ
    Good old Piers, the country needs more conspiracy theorists

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I may be wrong here but isn't he a new father still on paternity leave? Or maybe he has been furloughed!

Presumably you are very happy that he's not been prominent!
    I would be worried if I was a Tory he will be gone before the leaves fall this Autumn

I may be wrong here but isn't he a new father still on paternity leave? Or maybe he has been furloughed!
    ?

Geoff official sources are saying he is taking paternity leave later in the year while he deals with the Corinavirus . I kid you not

Not really, GP.

Obviously I think he’s an incompetent buffoon but he is, allegedly, our leader.
    I honestly didn’t think he’d taken paternity leave and wondered whether he’s had some sort of health setback or was still reeling at the realisation that he’s been described by his doctors as overweight (shocker).
    IF he actually is on paternity leave at a time of such extreme national crisis then I think it’s an outrage that should dispel any last lingering doubts regarding his hopeless unsuitability for the role of PM.
    The country needs leadership like never before and although personally I doubt him capable of providing it, there is no excuse for him seemingly adopting the wearing of an invisibility cloak.

Quite what Jeremy Corbyn’s brother’s opinions have to do with anything I haven’t a clue. Corbyn (J) is no longer relevant...his brother never was. Let’s see what Thatcher’s daughter feels or what John Major’s second cousin once removed has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not really, GP.

Obviously I think he’s an incompetent buffoon but he is, allegedly, our leader.
    I honestly didn’t think he’d taken paternity leave and wondered whether he’s had some sort of health setback or was still reeling at the realisation that he’s been described by his doctors as overweight (shocker).
    IF he actually is on paternity leave at a time of such extreme national crisis then I think it’s an outrage that should dispel any last lingering doubts regarding his hopeless unsuitability for the role of PM.
    The country needs leadership like never before and although personally I doubt him capable of providing it, there is no excuse for him seemingly adopting the wearing of an invisibility cloak.

Quite what Jeremy Corbyn’s brother’s opinions have to do with anything I haven’t a clue. Corbyn (J) is no longer relevant...his brother never was. Let’s see what Thatcher’s daughter feels or what John Major’s second cousin once removed has to offer.
    I have never thought Piers Corbyn to be relevant to this, but its intriguing to see a different, perhaps lunatic, perspective on things. Ive no clue what he has ever done, but presumably some sort of civil liberties activist by the sounds of what he said. It seems it is everyone's inalienable right to go get covid and spread it far and wide!! I'd suggest everyone called Piers should be generally ignored

"that should dispel any last lingering doubts regarding his hopeless unsuitability for the role of PM.". I hadn't ever noticed any lingering doubts in the vicinity of chateau rA. But wasn't he the one that rather confusingly announced the new lockdown regime less than a week ago? I just lose track of days

I have never thought Piers Corbyn to be relevant to this, but its intriguing to see a different, perhaps lunatic, perspective on things. Ive no clue what he has ever done, but presumably some sort of civil liberties activist by the sounds of what he said. It seems it is everyone's inalienable right to go get covid and spread it far and wide!! I'd suggest everyone called Piers should be generally ignored

"that should dispel any last lingering doubts regarding his hopeless unsuitability for the role of PM.". I hadn't ever noticed any lingering doubts in the vicinity of chateau rA. But wasn't he the one that rather confusingly announced the new lockdown regime less than a week ago? I just lose track of days
    Wasn't that dog's breakfast of a TV announcement informing the UK to "stay alert" on Sunday May 10th, ten days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Wasn't that dog's breakfast of a TV announcement informing the UK to "stay alert" on Sunday May 10th, ten days ago?
    Agreed, MA. I thought it was Sunday and then reiterated on Monday...and he hasn’t been seen since.

I meant amongst those who still have a smidgen of respect for him, GP...completely share your view on the name Piers.

OK, I lose track of weeks then, not days?

As an interesting perspective I know one or two couples who genuinely feel that he is doing a brilliant job and that we should all be joyful that he is leading the fight. Intelligent professional middle class, ardent brexiteers both, one BAME, one not. Now i cannot say I agree with them wholeheartedly, but equally I don't share your "every move he makes makes him look worse" stance either.

What would be interesting to see might be an opinion poll after the worst of things calm down to analyse people's views on his performance. I wonder if the government, or someone else, would have the balls to commission one? Or is that was is called a general election, as unlikely as one of those might be?
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 20-05-2020 at 12:35 PM.

OK, I lose track of weeks then, not days?
    I think you just ‘lose track’......it was Monday 11th...today is Wednesday 20th...hence nine days ago.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)