+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. Schools...normality and Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Bit harsh. Been plenty of personal assaults on myself here Andy.
    I've never moaned once.
    But if that applies to all, I'm happy to accomodate.
    ‘Personal assaults’ don’t bother me...I’m used to them from you.

Outright lies do, and the last six days suggest, you’re a liar who hasn’t got the ‘bottle’ to accept when you’re in the wrong. Your problem!

No reply, as the warning has been given

No reply, as the warning has been given
    ...not to mention the fact that you’ve spent the last six days proving that you haven’t got one...a reply or a backbone!

You’ve been exposed for what you are Tricky, I’ll leave it at that.

Here in the Netherlands, Junior Schools and Kindergartens have gone back. All the kids doing half days giving class sizes of around 15. 90% are doing days about. A child attends M/W/F this week and T/T next week. The other 10% have half of a class in, in the mornings and the other half in the afternoon.

The science being used is that children appear far less likely to a) catch it and b) spread it.

Social distancing? There seems to be a general understanding that there is o way in hell that you are going to get 5 year olds to socially distance so teachers are SD'ing but not the kids. In kindergartens, should a child have an "accident", the parents will be phoned to come and do the nappy/underpants and trousers/skirt/dress change.

It's a gamble and part of the decision was based on restoring children's social and mental development. Another part was to reverse the upward trend in child abuse that has occurred everywhere in the world. Calls to the Dutch version of "Childline" were up 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here in the Netherlands, Junior Schools and Kindergartens have gone back. All the kids doing half days giving class sizes of around 15. 90% are doing days about. A child attends M/W/F this week and T/T next week. The other 10% have half of a class in, in the mornings and the other half in the afternoon.

The science being used is that children appear far less likely to a) catch it and b) spread it.

Social distancing? There seems to be a general understanding that there is o way in hell that you are going to get 5 year olds to socially distance so teachers are SD'ing but not the kids. In kindergartens, should a child have an "accident", the parents will be phoned to come and do the nappy/underpants and trousers/skirt/dress change.

It's a gamble and part of the decision was based on restoring children's social and mental development. Another part was to reverse the upward trend in child abuse that has occurred everywhere in the world. Calls to the Dutch version of "Childline" were up 50%.
    What opposition has there been from the unions, opposition parties and media?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    You beat me to it there 59. That was my next question.
    Are unions. opposition etc accomodating or fighting it?

Nick Ferrari spoke to the Teachers union leader Roach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6eMHE6I3TQ

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Interesting. Very similar to Germany then.

The ‘accident’ scenario is something I haven’t heard of but I can only imagine it would lead to some very long and uncomfortable waits where certain parents are concerned.

The ‘Childline’ comment is, as you say, seemingly universal and just depressing in its predictability. The extent to which domestic abuse of all kinds has risen during the lockdown is a truly damning indictment of a group in society who will, very sadly, be predominantly male.

We do, imo, have to acknowledge both that the UK has experienced a much higher infection/mortality rate than Holland and Germany and that there shouldn’t be a ‘one size fits all’ response as far as various areas of the UK are concerned.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-05-2020 at 09:23 AM.

You beat me to it there 59. That was my next question.
    Are unions. opposition etc accomodating or fighting it?

Nick Ferrari spoke to the Teachers union leader Roach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6eMHE6I3TQ
    Tricky, very little, the odd voice here and there but in the main Dutch teachers and Dutch Unions are happy with the "safety" measures being used. I do wonder, however, what UK Teacher's Union man Roach has to do with my comment on what was happening here in the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Very little, the odd voice here and there but in the main Dutch teachers and Dutch Unions are happy with the "safety" measures being used.

Teachers unions probably trying to resist reopening until the 8 week summer holiday kicks off so that they can have a 6 month break on furlough 😜😁😁😁😜

It's also fair to say that the first day back after the closures, whenever that will be, will be an Inset Day!

Do they not call them, "Teacher Training Days" anymore?

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)