+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. Schools...normality and Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thicky your a prime example of the thick ****s in this country who voted for an oxbridge educated elite who have nothing but contempt for you and your ilk.

I see my thoughts on this make you hysterical (sic) which rather illustrates just how dumb you are. Populous leaders know exactly how dumb a section of the electorate are and pander to their simple mindedness.

I just think you shouldn't be on this Forum, your not a Rams fan, your not even someone with worthwhile opinions or factually based views and you frequently resort to abuse, bigoted, xenophobic crap gleaned from dubious internet sources.

You ahve been called out so many times on the factual inaccuracy of what you post, yet you still continue its as if you don't understand what reality is? But then complexity is a mystery for you.
    Yes, terrible decision to vote for someone who's had a decent education, silly silly boy TTR.

because I know full well that attempting to argue anything political with you is like trying to climb a greasy pole. 6500 Brexit posts and probably 2,000 covid posts on various threads demonstrate that you are intransigent in your views. You will shift the goalposts if you feel you may be losing a debate or avoid the questioning - or both. Its like playing chess with a pigeon

I'm getting the impression that you are a politician rather than an ex teacher, full of spin and diversion tactics. That may not sound like a compliment but its meant as one. In fact are you Boris Johnson (that balances the compliments)?

As for me, I have grown bored of the constant criticism, whether justified or not, so Im adopting a less serious perspective. Life's too short to constantly look back at the mistakes of others, but rather why not look forward to the next crisis :-). Surely BoJo, Cummings and Gove are cheap targets now?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    because I know full well that attempting to argue anything political with you is like trying to climb a greasy pole. 6500 Brexit posts and probably 2,000 covid posts on various threads demonstrate that you are intransigent in your views. You will shift the goalposts if you feel you may be losing a debate or avoid the questioning - or both. Its like playing chess with a pigeon

I'm getting the impression that you are a politician rather than an ex teacher, full of spin and diversion tactics. That may not sound like a compliment but its meant as one. In fact are you Boris Johnson (that balances the compliments)?

As for me, I have grown bored of the constant criticism, whether justified or not, so Im adopting a less serious perspective. Life's too short to constantly look back at the mistakes of others, but rather why not look forward to the next crisis :-). Surely BoJo, Cummings and Gove are cheap targets now?
    Actually GP, I concur.

The thing is, I don't think anyone thinks they aren't a shower.
    But the fact is, they were voted in BECAUSE WHAT WAS/IS THE ALTERNATIVE?

I have asked this before, to the usual Tory assassinators, who haven't yet answered this once.
    Show me, (as one of the thick millions), who I should vote for and why.

Go.........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

I give up...’2000 Covid Posts’...’playing chess with a pigeon’...’greasy poles’...’look forward to the next crisis’. What are you on?

Just answer the question instead of being so evasive. What have they done so well that has led to your intolerance of any criticism of this government.

Even Tricky accepts they’re a ‘shower’. Indeed he doesn’t know of anyone who ‘thinks they aren’t a shower’...and yet he harps back to ‘what was the choice?’

I’m sorry but that is irrelevant. I understand people’s reluctance to vote for Corbyn last December...indeed his existence along with people’s frustrations over Brexit are the principle two reasons for Johnson’s overwhelmingly victory.

That though is history. What matters is what is happening now and that, imo, is that we are being led through the greatest national crisis of all our lifetimes by a bunch of incompetents who have only only found themselves in Cabinet because they either showed loyalty to Johnson, allowed their votes to transfer to him or are Brexit supporters.

Next crisis - covid phase 2 in the winter. Worry about planning for that rather than looking back at whether he did something right in March or April. its history, learn from it, dont keep moaning about it.

I am not intolerant of criticism, but it seems to me that you are intolerant of praise or even of understanding that there is no road map to follow and that decisions have had to be made on the fly with zero precedent. is it any surprise some may not have been the right option

You sound like my missus - when driving she always wanted me to decide on the best route (pre satnav anecdote) so that she could criticise the choice when we arrived at destination, on basis that she would have gone a different way and got there quicker. Dont put your head over the parapet yourself but shoot anyone else's head who has the balls to put it there

Anyway enough of the subject. if you decide you want the last word, be my guest

I don't agree with Tricky that it's a shower.

The thing about crisis management, is that if you have all your ducks in a row, then there's no crisis to manage, and it's easy. As it is, there's only so many resources available at one time, and as such you have to manage them as effectively as possible. You'll make mistakes, as you don't have a crystal ball, and whilst it's easy to point elsewhere and say they did better, perhaps they wouldn't have done so well in your shoes. We cite the Cummings incident as influencing bad decisions by Joe public, but is that responsibility not shared by our media who made the incident public?

I'll respond to my own statement in the way anyone brainwashed by our national media does:

"So you think that the government has handled everything perfectly?"

"So you think Cummings actions were acceptable?"

"They managed to do it better in *insert other country with different circumstances*"

The "so you think" type responses are the most common used, to put words into your mouth that weren't actually said, and sensationalise some bull****. Critical thought and emotional intelligence usually lacking. We've had 10 years of cuts austerity after all.

Just mebbe..... if we can convince BoJo et al that they made a right pig's ear/dog's breakfast of this round of CV-19 handling...... just mebbe they might do better if/when there is a 2nd wave.

I won't be holding my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just mebbe..... if we can convince BoJo et al that they made a right pig's ear/dog's breakfast of this round of CV-19 handling...... just mebbe they might do better if/when there is a 2nd wave.

I won't be holding my breath though.
    Exactly! Twice.

Unfortunately though, the mishandling of this round is precisely what is likely to lead to a 2nd wave.

Adi...I’m no fan of many aspects of the press/media...but you can’t really blame them for telling the truth and exposing wrongdoing can you?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I

Even Tricky accepts they’re a ‘shower’. Indeed he doesn’t know of anyone who ‘thinks they aren’t a shower’...and yet he harps back to ‘what was the choice?’

I’m sorry but that is irrelevant. I understand people’s reluctance to vote for Corbyn last December...indeed his existence along with people’s frustrations over Brexit are the principle two reasons for Johnson’s overwhelmingly victory.

That though is history. What matters is what is happening now and that, imo, is that we are being led through the greatest national crisis of all our lifetimes by a bunch of incompetents who have only only found themselves in Cabinet because they either showed loyalty to Johnson, allowed their votes to transfer to him or are Brexit supporters.
    No it isn't.

By your analogy, whoever else was in power would have done it better how?
    Quite simply they were the best we had on the table. No matter how much I think they are a shower, you wouldn't agree with anything they or I suggest.
    Personnally, I'd have taken a hard line stance for a set period. Then lifted it in one go, but that wouldn't have satisfied you either.
    For me Johnson and the Tories has tip toed around it way too much. But that would have sent the left /liberals into orbit with the control being enforced.

Sorry RA. You stand out as repetative Tory bashing, yet get arsey when someone doesn't take your line of approach.

But I am going to put my question out again.

As one of the millions of thick ones out there, who should I/we have voted for?
    Answer it and convince me.

People should have voted for a member of the tree-hugger party, as then they could simply have gone and had a quiet word with a representative of cOVID plc and asked them politely to move on because they were being naughty?

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)