+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. Schools...normality and Coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm reading Mein Kampf
    Ah ah I always thought you had written that ,with all the crap you post on here

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Ah ah I always thought you had written that ,with all the crap you post on here
    Seeing as it was written in 1925, that just about sums your logic up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Seeing as it was written in 1925, that just about sums your logic up.
    Don't you try and tell me your under 95 with the waffle you write I was sure you were a cntenarian

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Don't you try and tell me your under 95 with the waffle you write I was sure you were a cntenarian
    I don't know how old he is, but I believe Tricky has a nice line in black shirts from that era.......

At a bit of a tangent, I learn that Dominic Cummings' mum was a teacher, which probably explains his sense of self entitlement!!

Watching news items today of crammed beaches and beauty spots, one can only surmise that the great British public are enjoying their paid holidays a bit too much.

On the one hand you've got people saying that it's too soon to relax the lockdown and then you have widespread idiotic behaviour of many 1,000s.

I wonder how many of those in the beaches are also complaining that its unsafe to return to work.

I'd guess somewhere between 90 and 95%

So, first day the schools open and seven members of staff at Derby’s Arboretum Primary test positive for Covid.
    Doesn’t bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So, first day the schools open and seven members of staff at Derby’s Arboretum Primary test positive for Covid.
    Doesn’t bode well.
    So they have flu and your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wow...exhausted just reading all that at this time of the morning.

I refer you back to post #219. All I’ve actually advocated is that the return of schools is introduced on a regional rather than national basis and that those involved are equipped with necessary PPE, and guess what...that appears to be what is happening.

As for risk assessment and caution. The two are not mutually exclusive and with many years of experience of school leadership and having been involved in approaching forty residential school trips (usually as either the leader or the senior staff member) covering such activities as rock climbing, abseiling, cycling, hill walking and foreign travel, I think I know a thing or two about risk assessment. Not just learned on a course either.

There are times, Swale, when you undoubtedly know more than me about the topic in hand. The same is true of others...GP on financial advice, mista on running a business, Adi on guitarists and guitars, MA’s European insights etc. I’m not sure what makes you an authority on Covid-19, but as far as school based risk assessment is concerned, I suspect I have a greater understanding than you.
    Well first I read about it and look at the statistics, we are panicking about something that is akin to flu and that kills many thousands of people every year. You actually seem to udnerstand very little about the virus, so not sure how you can accurately assess the risk to teachers.

Your ignoring the fact that 1) Children aren't greatly affected and to date the evidence suggests that they aren't spreaders either.

Teachers are in a better position than millions of other workers who are in contact with many hundreds of other people and different people from different places at that every day, Teachers are in contact with the same children from the same place every day.

You also seemed to think that it was difficult somehow to mitigate the risks, yet in Denmark they ahve had schools opened for over 4 weeks and seem to be managing just fine, so all the palava is just that - like everyone else, Teachers need to get back to work .

I'm sure you are familiar with risk assessments, thats actually not the same as judging or assessing a risk, thats using a tick list to look at known risks and mitigating them. Judging risk, is about understanding a risk and knowing the statistical chance of it happening, which is why I mentioned driving, most people don't perceive it as a risk which you amply demonstrated by querying it and then saying the only risk was from other idiots.

Mm, so mechanical failure,a burst tyre, an error of judgement on your part, a seconds lapse of concentration by you or somebody else, an unexpected event, i.e.Now going further animal running into the road, weather conditions etc. can all lead to unintended consequences.

Your risk averse because thats clear in your posts, thats fine everyone has different levels of risk they can cope with, but the problem we ahve here is that the cure and the hysteria is actually going to result in more people dying.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So they have flu and your point is?
    Testing positive for Covid isn’t to ‘have flu’ is it?

The point is, it’s a worrying ‘cluster’ of cases that needs explanation. Have those seven all spent a great deal of time together, either recreationally or preparing the school, over half term...or is this something that has developed since the teachers were last in touch with vulnerable children or the children of ‘key workers’ ten days earlier?

Also it’s not the greatest of news for parents already very reluctant to allow their kids to return to school.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)