+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 44

Matchday 44

It's all to play for and the fixtures might just be in our favour, provided we win tonight.

Millwall and Blackburn play each other. A draw would be good for us.

PNE have to go to Brentford.

Swansea play the Red Dogs.

Bristol appear to have the easiest of the fixtures at home to Stoke.

All we need for us to move into the top 6 is all the other results to go our way..... and beat Cardiff by 3 clear goals..... what could possibly go wrong?

I'm betting on all that happening but a last second penalty given away to make it just a 3-1 win at Cardiff, with, naturally, someone sent off, robbing us of 6th 😘

Who will get the red card this week though. I reckon Clark, he hasn't had one yet this season has he? I lose track.

4-1 to the Rams, a bit of false hope to keep the season going one more game. A brace for both Martin & Lawrence to cheer mista up, and a Roos clanger, leading to a goal keeping sub at half time to bring on Hamer.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    4-1 to the Rams, a bit of false hope to keep the season going one more game. A brace for both Martin & Lawrence to cheer mista up, and a Roos clanger, leading to a goal keeping sub at half time to bring on Hamer.
    Saw a poll on FB earlier. Roos or Hamer. Over 700 voted Roos. 20 odd for Hamer.

Cocu spoke, amongst other things, of experience in his press conference. Is that a pointer to tonight's starting XI?

Fozzy instead of Lowe?
    Hamer to keep his place?
    Davies in for Evans?

We shall see. Of the 3, Fozzy is probably the most likely selection of the three if my guess that Lowe was in for his speed as much as anything against Brentford.

Hamer? More experienced than Roos in any case. Will Cocu take into account the awful punch that was headed straight back recently as well as the 4 handling errors against Brentford? Probably not as Roos has zero game time (apart from the friendly against Stoke) since lockdown began.

Davies? Not the footballing defender Cocu likes and IMO Evans has done well enough to keep the shirt.

Having watched Cardiff at Fulham on Friday I would say our chances at best very slim They are a very aggressive team but also have good players very dangerous at set pieces . But it's Derby anything can happen ones thing pretty guaranteed they will score They launch every throwing in the box for their big lads so e need Forsyth in a swap Lowe over leave Bogle on the bench I agree with MA Evans deserves his place

Wigan 7 Hull 0 HT.

wtf?

Oh well. I managed to get the places but not how all of them panned out.

Fozzy at LB - tick.
    Hamer to keep the shirt - cross.
    Davies not to get the nod over Evans - cross.

Your young lad Mason Bennett scored the goal for Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It's all to play for and the fixtures might just be in our favour, provided we win tonight.

Millwall and Blackburn play each other. A draw would be good for us.

PNE have to go to Brentford.

Swansea play the Red Dogs.

Bristol appear to have the easiest of the fixtures at home to Stoke.

All we need for us to move into the top 6 is all the other results to go our way..... and beat Cardiff by 3 clear goals..... what could possibly go wrong?
    MA we can still do it if we beat Leeds by six goals and Brum by eight goals and four other teams lose their last two matches. So all to play for

those other 4 don't all need to lose them all. Cardiff do, but the others can afford a draw here and there to let us sneak by: especialy with the +14 impact on GD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)