+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eSports

eSports

So last night I happened to notice that one of the BT channels was showing Madden Nfl 2020 video gaming (live!). I felt depressed and sad at the same time. Has it come to this? Do people really watch other people playing video games?

So I went to bed, and when I flicked TV on to see if any distractions there, lo and behold the same channel was showing our sort of football video games.

If ever I get so desperate as to watch this for a sports fix, will someone shoot me please

I watched all 6 Indy car races ‘as live’ ie slightly after they happened but without knowing the result, I was absolutely gripped I have to say. I accept you don’t like motorsport but to a fan like me it was great, helped by the quality of the graphics (bloody brilliant), commentary (excellent), the fact that the actual series drivers were competing and they were REALLY competing. As a benchmark I watched the F1, nowhere near as good as it wasn’t being taken so seriously (Ian Poulter anyone?) and the NASCAR, not very good graphics

EMotor Sport Games as opposed to e(lectric) car racing is that? I suppose at least one can say its environmentally sound

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I watched all 6 Indy car races ‘as live’ ie slightly after they happened but without knowing the result, I was absolutely gripped I have to say. I accept you don’t like motorsport but to a fan like me it was great, helped by the quality of the graphics (bloody brilliant), commentary (excellent), the fact that the actual series drivers were competing and they were REALLY competing. As a benchmark I watched the F1, nowhere near as good as it wasn’t being taken so seriously (Ian Poulter anyone?) and the NASCAR, not very good graphics
    I've watched a couple of races too. As you say, the indy car ones lack a bit technically, compared to the f1, but seemed to consist of professional drivers. That said the ghosting of the back markers, in the f1 one, stopped them interfering with the result, unlike Norris' last minute 'crash'.

Looking back at some real historic races has been quite entertaining, as I've rarely remembered the result beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I've watched a couple of races too. As you say, the indy car ones lack a bit technically, compared to the f1, but seemed to consist of professional drivers. That said the ghosting of the back markers, in the f1 one, stopped them interfering with the result, unlike Norris' last minute 'crash'.

Looking back at some real historic races has been quite entertaining, as I've rarely remembered the result beforehand.
    My heart was racing at the end of that Indy '500' race...

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

I'm cursed/blessed with a pretty good memory of F1 races over the years but still find them interesting to watch, especially some of the absolute dogs of cars that formed the back of the grid

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    EMotor Sport Games as opposed to e(lectric) car racing is that? I suppose at least one can say its environmentally sound
    eMotorsport. Motorsport seems to lend itself well to the e-version

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    eMotorsport. Motorsport seems to lend itself well to the e-version
    I do like a bit of motor sport. Preferably bikes.
    But I don't mind F1.
    However I just cannot get into this emoto game.

If anyone appreciates combustion engineering, then the noise made by these cars/bikes, is as much part of it as the race.
    You can feel the vibration on your skin as well as hear it.
    The ecars are no more stimulating, as a big scalextric. Soulless

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I do like a bit of motor sport. Preferably bikes.
    But I don't mind F1.
    However I just cannot get into this emoto game.

If anyone appreciates combustion engineering, then the noise made by these cars/bikes, is as much part of it as the race.
    You can feel the vibration on your skin as well as hear it.
    The ecars are no more stimulating, as a big scalextric. Soulless
    point taken, but the sound of a BRM V16, Matra V12 or even F1 V10s is a thing of the past now unfortunately, I guess bikes will eventually go the same way. I found the indy car series quite involving but to each their own

My eldest is into eSports as well as playing football when allowed (Saturdays in Belgium when he's there and Sundays when he's here for a weekend). He seems to do well at Football Management games and as an F1 driver. He delights on telling me the exciting bits and even Apps the url of where we can follow his race..... Despite it being my lad I just can't get any drive to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)