+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Radar and Notts Finances

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If that's so then it is a shame Hardy couldn't keep his big mouth shut and he must have overpaid Trew. We'd probably be in League 1 with a sensible ownership.

Football Radar isn't financing, not enough asset for a start. But father, Peter Reedtz - well he seems to have his fingers in a lot of probably lucrative pies (ah ah, Pies, getit?) though I'm not sure I'd want to be in investment companies at the moment:

https://www.marketscreener.com/busin...N-E/biography/
    It's purely speculation on my part. Just interesting that a Danish Billionaire was said to be interested and then we get two Danish owners a couple of years later in a fire sale.

It would make perfect sense in the fact having a "Billionaire" as an owner is going to put undue pressure and expectations on the club, just look at Munto? Especially as they seem very level headed in their decision making, no brash claims and bombastic interviews in the media. They certainly aren't afraid of investing in the right players, Roberts and Wootton should both go onto bigger and better things where as Dennis, Enzio and Hemmings could be argued are at their peak or near it when they were signed for large transfers?

Having a bit of mystery to the funding also protects from inflated wages and transfer fees as well, I wonder as soon as it was released a billionaire Dane was interested under Trew, they pulled out for the above reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's purely speculation on my part. Just interesting that a Danish Billionaire was said to be interested and then we get two Danish owners a couple of years later in a fire sale.

It would make perfect sense in the fact having a "Billionaire" as an owner is going to put undue pressure and expectations on the club, just look at Munto? Especially as they seem very level headed in their decision making, no brash claims and bombastic interviews in the media. They certainly aren't afraid of investing in the right players, Roberts and Wootton should both go onto bigger and better things where as Dennis, Enzio and Hemmings could be argued are at their peak or near it when they were signed for large transfers?

Having a bit of mystery to the funding also protects from inflated wages and transfer fees as well, I wonder as soon as it was released a billionaire Dane was interested under Trew, they pulled out for the above reasons?
    Well they certainly like to keep below the radar! They also seem to understand the value of things and don't appear to get blustered or panicked, for instance Ardley would never have last with the AH or RT in charge. One thing I do very much hope out of this enforced break is that he is getting the rest to rebuild his head. He wasn't really ready for re-entry into management when he came and for a variety of reasons has had a torrid time.

Another relief is that no-one has (publicly) set a "5 Year to the Championship" target. For both RT and AH that really meant "if we don't get to the Championship in 5 yrs I'll be bust" which accounts for the impatience and irrational behaviour to some extent in my book.

Well they certainly like to keep below the radar! They also seem to understand the value of things and don't appear to get blustered or panicked, for instance Ardley would never have last with the AH or RT in charge. One thing I do very much hope out of this enforced break is that he is getting the rest to rebuild his head. He wasn't really ready for re-entry into management when he came and for a variety of reasons has had a torrid time.

Another relief is that no-one has (publicly) set a "5 Year to the Championship" target. For both RT and AH that really meant "if we don't get to the Championship in 5 yrs I'll be bust" which accounts for the impatience and irrational behaviour to some extent in my book.
    Definitely agree. The first thing I noticed was that they knew it would be difficult to get back into the EFL and no mention of 5 years plans, it's was refreshing to say the least

Definitely agree. The first thing I noticed was that they knew it would be difficult to get back into the EFL and no mention of 5 years plans, it's was refreshing to say the least
    At the fans forum with them, they said that promotion was not expected this season as we haven't got a full compliment of players, so we've gone way above what was not expected, they must be really proud of where we are now, and if we are in this league whenever we go again then I assume they'll go for it in a big way. ( that's just me hoping that's what they'll do)

Yes i think that is close to the truth, for Trew and Hardy. Financially speaking they had to get to the championship, or they would go bust, which explains a lot, in there lack of patience and irrational behaviour

I see Hemmings was released by Dundee last week by mutual consent.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I see Hemmings was released by Dundee last week by mutual consent.
    Hmmmm...............

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...transfer-news/

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    On reading that, am I the only one who had nightmare flashbacks about Paragon Interiors?

Thankfully the Reedtz brothers seem to be on a different level.
    I rather think you answered your own question!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    At the fans forum with them, they said that promotion was not expected this season as we haven't got a full compliment of players, so we've gone way above what was not expected, they must be really proud of where we are now, and if we are in this league whenever we go again then I assume they'll go for it in a big way. ( that's just me hoping that's what they'll do)
    I think the best thing about the Reedtz brothers is that they won't "go for it in a big way", but rather will maintain their commitment to slow and steady progression which could ultimately take us further in a sustainable way.

When you think about it, the moment it all fell apart for the likes of Scardino, Trew and Hardy was when they "went for it" and committed more money than we could afford in order to try and buy quick success. In all of those cases it didn't work. In fact, when it became clear that signing a lot of cheques was not buying instant results, they started making erratic, panic-driven decisions, including sacking lots of managers, that made things even worse.

I suppose the Munto Finance spending spree did buy short-term success, but we were spending money we didn't have, and this could have been far more damaging for the club had it not been for Ray Trew's underwriting in the early days, which we should never forget despite the way things went wrong later.

Look at the teams that are making steady progress up the leagues and most of them are not "going for it" with massive spending sprees or frequent changes of management. They're just building from the foundations, tweaking things here and there, adding a bit more to the structure each year in a sustainable way. That's the way to do it!
    Last edited by jackal2; 10-08-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes i think that is close to the truth, for Trew and Hardy. Financially speaking they had to get to the championship, or they would go bust, which explains a lot, in there lack of patience and irrational behaviour
    Hardy went bust without even getting out of L2.

I thought he was great to start with but it became clear he was out of his depth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast