+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football Radar and Notts Finances

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Hardy went bust without even getting out of L2.

I thought he was great to start with but it became clear he was out of his depth.
    To be fair to Hardy he did both - he went bust and got us out of League 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To be fair to Hardy he did both - he went bust and got us out of League 2.
    Some going that!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Signed for Burton

Well, looked on-line for Peter Reedtz and he certainly doesn't appear on Denmark's billionaire list. Not saying he's not a rich man like, but I've had no joy in finding out how much dosh he's worth. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Hardy went bust without even getting out of L2.

I thought he was great to start with but it became clear he was out of his depth.
    Well you cannot be serious when you say he did not get us out of League Two, now think about it. 🤣🤣😭

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Well, looked on-line for Peter Reedtz and he certainly doesn't appear on Denmark's billionaire list. Not saying he's not a rich man like, but I've had no joy in finding out how much dosh he's worth. Anyone?
    Not sure where I saw it but I believe he sold a company for around $600 million a couple of years back. Hopefully a Google search will pull it back up. He may not be a billionaire but he's certainly very wealthy, wealthier that certainly the last few owners anyway

I seem to remember when I looked when they took over the club it is a very complex situation. There are a number of cross holdings in various companies and counties with no easily identifiable wealth indications but if you keep follwowing the various holdings you start to build a picture. I know that is all a bit nurdish but that's what you get from a retired accountant with time on his hands. I think we should stop worrying, most of what the family own and have done has clearly been successful so up to a reasonable point( in the championship?) I do not think money is going to be a problem especially if it is wisely spent imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    I seem to remember when I looked when they took over the club it is a very complex situation. There are a number of cross holdings in various companies and counties with no easily identifiable wealth indications but if you keep follwowing the various holdings you start to build a picture. I know that is all a bit nurdish but that's what you get from a retired accountant with time on his hands. I think we should stop worrying, most of what the family own and have done has clearly been successful so up to a reasonable point( in the championship?) I do not think money is going to be a problem especially if it is wisely spent imo.
    My thoughts as well. I spent a lot of time researching this and it is very difficult to get a clear indication. What is clear as you pointed out is that the father is obviously a biggish player in Danish/Swedish business and on the board of a dozen or so business institutions in Scandinavia so very well connected as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    My thoughts as well. I spent a lot of time researching this and it is very difficult to get a clear indication. What is clear as you pointed out is that the father is obviously a biggish player in Danish/Swedish business and on the board of a dozen or so business institutions in Scandinavia so very well connected as well.
    If his pot is worth billions then his advisors would no doubt suggest that he divest it best he can eg via his sons, or investing in loss making businesses eg Notts County. None of them seem the sort of people that want to be splashed in the headlines as per Elon Musk or Zuckerface.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If his pot is worth billions then his advisors would no doubt suggest that he divest it best he can eg via his sons, or investing in loss making businesses eg Notts County. None of them seem the sort of people that want to be splashed in the headlines as per Elon Musk or Zuckerface.
    Agreed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123