+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Club takes up option of extra year for Mowatt

The shenanigans of Philip Green and BHS shows what these kind of people are capable of when the businesses they own become a monkey on their backs .

Their personal fortune doesn't come in to it and these owners have already demonstrated what they are capable of at OGC Nice and why they are in football .

As I say I believe the clubs in great jeopardy right now .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36139828

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The shenanigans of Philip Green and BHS shows what these kind of people are capable of when the businesses they own become a monkey on their backs .

Their personal fortune doesn't come in to it and these owners have already demonstrated what they are capable of at OGC Nice and why they are in football .

As I say I believe the clubs in great jeopardy right now .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36139828
    I dreamt Laura was Cara Delevigne last night. What a weird coincidence? (Not in a ***ual way.)

We'll need every penny when we go into administration .

The club's in serious financial jeopardy and quite a few haven't worked that out yet .

These owners will not raise capital through their own personal funds , the club lives and dies under it's own steam .

Just another business to them that became a bad investment due to the pandemic , if it goes to the wall so be it .

Don't expect to get the pre pandemic valuation on players leaving the club either .

Nobody's got a cracker to spend , the transfer market will collapse at this level and below .

See how you feel about the ownership when they walk away from the club whilst its burning to the ground carrying all the fire extinguishers .
    God you've got me worried now.Can you spill the beans to where you've got your info. from.

Prophet of doom. Too much time on his hands. Watering those geraniums has gone to his head.

I have to agree with Animal. When the brown stuff hits the fan the club will be closed, run down, or priced out of the market so that it goes bankrupt. The owners will have already got their original investment back, and more. No evidence from me...These type of people won’t have any qualms about shutting it down, and as seen at Bury, the eEFL just won’t care.

Players will be going to Oakwell on the bus with the fans.
    Back to the good old days.
    There'll just be the Premier League and the WSL.
    They'll not dare let the women's game suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I have to agree with Animal. When the brown stuff hits the fan the club will be closed, run down, or priced out of the market so that it goes bankrupt. The owners will have already got their original investment back, and more. No evidence from me...These type of people won’t have any qualms about shutting it down, and as seen at Bury, the eEFL just won’t care.
    I agree

I've got a lovely bunch of cocunuts...

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    God you've got me worried now.Can you spill the beans to where you've got your info. from.
    It would appear you are looking at it with BFC eyes on Bill and I'm afraid our dear owners do not have anything like that kind of emotional bond towards the club .

Happy enough to wear a silly red n white hat and take a open top bus ride when the club is successful but that's about as far as it extends .

We are living in unprecedented times and the economy is going to take the biggest hit the vast majority of us have ever seen .

The transfer market is the sole reason they bought the club and once it collapses as it will then there's very little for them here because then it will require capital outside of the transfer market , there's isn't enough money outside of the transfer market to run the club to any satisfaction .

It then becomes a monkey on their backs , the market they identified as a means to future profit and to self sustain the club no longer exists .

It's not particularly difficult to join the dots Bill if you accept the fact the ownership are here to make money on investment and haven't bought the club for love .

It would appear you are looking at it with BFC eyes on Bill and I'm afraid our dear owners do not have anything like that kind of emotional bond towards the club .

Happy enough to wear a silly red n white hat and take a open top bus ride when the club is successful but that's about as far as it extends .

We are living in unprecedented times and the economy is going to take the biggest hit the vast majority of us have ever seen .

The transfer market is the sole reason they bought the club and once it collapses as it will then there's very little for them here because then it will require capital outside of the transfer market , there's isn't enough money outside of the transfer market to run the club to any satisfaction .

It then becomes a monkey on their backs , the market they identified as a means to future profit and to self sustain the club no longer exists .

It's not particularly difficult to join the dots Bill if you accept the fact the ownership are here to make money on investment and haven't bought the club for love .
    Thanks for the reply.I only said I was pleased that Mowett had signed the extended contract.I was a bit concerned what you put about administration .I take that now as your personal view and not something you had been told.
    My view on any football owners is that they don't want to make a loss.If you go back a few years back P.C signed players like Lita,Treacy and the like.The result was over the hill players on big wages who turned out to be poor deals financially and on the playing side.He then fetched in buying younger players who would have a resale so the club could progress.Now looking at the league table we can all argue that because the owners have carried on P.C brain child we find our selves at the bottom of the Championship and theres no doubting some of the transfer policy hasn't work.For any club the way to make money is to try and find a formula that will bring success.At the moment we haven't achieved that but theres no way on Gods earth the owners have made a round coin yet.I understand peoples scepticism on owners that are not from the Uk and are here to make a fortune but they can only achieve that with long term success,you don't get paid for failure.
    Personally I don't think the owners will bale out but that's just my opinion.
    If when we get back to normal football ie playing in grounds with crowds etc and the owners are still here would accept that your views were wrong.If they walk away I will give the biggest apology ever and supply free beers to the members of Tykesmad.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast