+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Club takes up option of extra year for Mowatt

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Wow. Nice one Bill..... ( see what I did there)..... They bought a club. Ruined it. And still made £30m
    I can see that happening here....NOT!

I give up now if I were you !
    How did they ruin Nice? Serious question.If Nice was ruined why did Radcliffe pay 90m for it.
    No disrespect but why should I give up now.I haven't told any lies just my opinion on how I see things.I thought boards like thi s were to give opinions and balanced views not just follow like sheep who have a dig at the board without substance.I give my opinion and try and back my views up,if that's so wrong the boards in danger of drying up.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    The problem is some think that media Pacific are a 2 man team and getting by through live by ducking and diving.From what I read the group that they are part of is a very wealthy media,sporting,and leisure company.
    I'm not too bothered about the fact they own a few other football clubs.If it was up to me I would say one owner one club but until the laws are changed they aren't doing owt wrong.Lots of English football club owners own more than one club.
    I think the suspicion comes from why did they buy Barnsley?.Again you could ask any of the foreign and indeed English owners the same question.I'm still of the firm believe that the only way they can make us a viable club both on and off the pitch is by getting success.
    I would say there purchase of Nice was a success story.The only people who compl;ained about there motives were some supporters groups who like some here were sceptical of there motives without ever finding any wrong doings.The fact they bought a club for 30m and sold it for 90m is a success story for the company they own.I know they said they were there for the long term but lets be fair they'd have been stupid and incompetent to turn that kind of profit down.If I were a Nice fan I'd be more concerned as to why Mr Raddcliffe as spent so much taking over because theres no way his company will triple there investment in under 3 years.
    Wow , making a colossal profit and selling your best players so the team slips from the champions league to mid table is the new success .

Who knew !!!

Nice are in the same position now under Radcliffe as they were under Media Pacific.I don't remember NIce being in the Champions league prior to there involvement .I don't know all there transfer dealings I know they got rid of Ballotelli who evidently was on about 150k a week.You can't run a club with sustainability paying those kind of wages on the crowds Nice get.
    Our owners have made mistakes that's a fact and I'm quite sure if we were mid table these kind of conversations wouldn't even be taking place.What I do know is when PC was selling the club I can't recall a queue of English owners wanting to take over with all the pit falls running a football club can bring.PC said these were the people who shared his ethics on running a club and to be fair to them they told people from day one they would carry on in the same way as PC helping the club sustainable and not getting into debt but slowing tr
    y and bring success.
    Just think we could have had somebody like our mates at S6.Mr Chansari has run the club into debts they can't service,he's cheated the EFL with his underhand dealings and on top of that he charges his own supporters over £600 for the pleasure of his company.
    In a nutshell are our owners perfect the answer is no but we could have been a lot worse off than some other clubs.
    As the old saying goes Be Careful What you Wish For.

Nice are in the same position now under Radcliffe as they were under Media Pacific.I don't remember NIce being in the Champions league prior to there involvement .I don't know all there transfer dealings I know they got rid of Ballotelli who evidently was on about 150k a week.You can't run a club with sustainability paying those kind of wages on the crowds Nice get.
    Our owners have made mistakes that's a fact and I'm quite sure if we were mid table these kind of conversations wouldn't even be taking place.What I do know is when PC was selling the club I can't recall a queue of English owners wanting to take over with all the pit falls running a football club can bring.PC said these were the people who shared his ethics on running a club and to be fair to them they told people from day one they would carry on in the same way as PC helping the club sustainable and not getting into debt but slowing tr
    y and bring success.
    Just think we could have had somebody like our mates at S6.Mr Chansari has run the club into debts they can't service,he's cheated the EFL with his underhand dealings and on top of that he charges his own supporters over £600 for the pleasure of his company.
    In a nutshell are our owners perfect the answer is no but we could have been a lot worse off than some other clubs.
    I agree. I think they're running the club as badly as Cryne did before them. In fact I can't tell the difference it's utterly butterly.

y and bring success.
    I'd say most supporters are more than content for the club to be run debt free. I've absolutely no qualms with that myself, it'd be foolish to think otherwise. The issue for me is selling the spine of our team last summer and replacing them with a flurry of signings who aren't going to match up to championship football overnight. It's clearly not the way forward and has all but relegated us twice now from this division.

Rather than steady progress on the pitch, the emphasis is clearly on hoping to unearth a gem worth a few million rather than what was for the better of the team in their bid for survival. Add to that the refusal to bring in any Championship experience and we are proper in the deep stuff.

The board are clever business people who will be desperate not to run at a loss. In that respect we are in pretty safe hands financially I would say. Unfortunately, in terms of establishing ourselves in the Championship, it will continue to prove elusive whilever they adopt the approach of selling all our key players.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'd say most supporters are more than content for the club to be run debt free. I've absolutely no qualms with that myself, it'd be foolish to think otherwise. The issue for me is selling the spine of our team last summer and replacing them with a flurry of signings who aren't going to match up to championship football overnight. It's clearly not the way forward and has all but relegated us twice now from this division.

Rather than steady progress on the pitch, the emphasis is clearly on hoping to unearth a gem worth a few million rather than what was for the better of the team in their bid for survival. Add to that the refusal to bring in any Championship experience and we are proper in the deep stuff.

The board are clever business people who will be desperate not to run at a loss. In that respect we are in pretty safe hands financially I would say. Unfortunately, in terms of establishing ourselves in the Championship, it will continue to prove elusive whilever they adopt the approach of selling all our key players.
    I just think the goal should be the Premier League. Until the club is taken over by somebody willing to pump some money in it will remain a festering turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I just think the goal should be the Premier League. Until the club is taken over by somebody willing to pump some money in it will remain a festering turd.

I've nothing against setting your sights high but you've got to respect the fact that we've spent only 1 season in the top flight in our entire history. Pumping money in certainly isn't a sure fire way to success. Many have tried and failed miserably. Sustainable Championship football has to be our aim over the next few seasons and try and build from that.

I've nothing against setting your sights high but you've got to respect the fact that we've spent only 1 season in the top flight in our entire history. Pumping money in certainly isn't a sure fire way to success. Many have tried and failed miserably. Sustainable Championship football has to be our aim over the next few seasons and try and build from that.
    I totally agree pass but it's never going to happen with these Rsoles who are non ambitious football wise
    and I still can't grasp why they're here

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Wow , making a colossal profit and selling your best players so the team slips from the champions league to mid table is the new success .

Who knew !!!
    I think supporters and owners have a different view of what success means. We supporters want to see a winning team playing attractive football. Owners are running a business and the aim of the exercise is to make a profit not subsidise an unprofitable organisation.

Yes, as an example, My neighbours at the John Smiths are wishing they’d never been promoted. They know what’s coming. Tasted success recently and what’s coming now, especially with situation as it is, won’t be a big enough draw to sustain their club.
    I agree it’s Better to be a strong middle feeding fish, than an occasional top feeder whose shimmer in the sun makes you an easy target for the sharks!
    If ONLY we had the ambition and backing behind the club to give us a chance to shimmer for a decent period!
    Last edited by Jules88; 22-05-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast