+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Kettley v The R Number

John Kettley v The R Number

An ex National Covid Service consultant saying the R Number is about as reliable as a long range weather forecast.

Maybe we could replace Sturgeon with Wincy Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    An ex National Covid Service consultant saying the R Number is about as reliable as a long range weather forecast.

Maybe we could replace Sturgeon with Wincy Willis.

That's the point. This R number seems to be so fraught with unknown components that have to be interpreted that it is really just a guess. Trouble is if you question it's value as a method for determining how we are dealing with the virus you can't provide proof that it is a waste of effort. It is important to raise questions because we need to find a way to get back to economic activity.

[QUOTE=BCram;39497368]That's the point. This R number seems to be so fraught with unknown components that have to be interpreted that it is really just a guess. Trouble is if you question it's value as a method for determining how we are dealing with the virus you can't provide proof that it is a waste of effort. It is important to raise questions because we need to find a way to get back to economic activity.[/QUOTE

I just drove to Scone to drop off a parcel ,through Coupar Angus/Burrelton/Balbeggie ,workies vans at loads of houses ,I would say economic recovery is well under way even if wee Nic hasn’t officially announced it yet...

[QUOTE=Mudskipper;39497378]
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    That's the point. This R number seems to be so fraught with unknown components that have to be interpreted that it is really just a guess. Trouble is if you question it's value as a method for determining how we are dealing with the virus you can't provide proof that it is a waste of effort. It is important to raise questions because we need to find a way to get back to economic activity.[/QUOTE

I just drove to Scone to drop off a parcel ,through Coupar Angus/Burrelton/Balbeggie ,workies vans at loads of houses ,I would say economic recovery is well under way even if wee Nic hasn’t officially announced it yet...
    It's pretty much over in the self employed sector if you can keep reasonable social distance and sturgeon will ease lockdown soon so as to keep the illusion she is in 100% control. She ain't.

A few golfers practicing at campy last few days as well😎

I also expect most golf clubs to turn a blind eye to only playing from same household.....what a lot of ****e.

Lockdown to be eased in two weeks - official

Lockdown already over - unofficial

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;39497383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post

It's pretty much over in the self employed sector if you can keep reasonable social distance and sturgeon will ease lockdown soon so as to keep the illusion she is in 100% control. She ain't.

A few golfers practicing at campy last few days as well😎

I also expect most golf clubs to turn a blind eye to only playing from same household.....what a lot of ****e.
    I thought Campy was shutting...🤔

[QUOTE=Mudskipper;39497455]

I thought Campy was shutting...🤔
    It has, takes a wee bit of time for nature to take over though.

Easy to practice aroundvthe greens.

Saw a certain Mr D Dodds today.

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;39497383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post

A few golfers practicing at campy last few days as well

Dont know of any golf club taking that attitude.

[QUOTE=noahrab;39497548]

Dont know of any golf club taking that attitude.
    Yet

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)