+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets and match sales

Season tickets and match sales

All this talk about the National League and now League 2 cancelling the rest of the season - the reason seems to be that it isn't viable to play behind closed doors. So what happens to 2019-20 season tickets, and any pre-sold match tickets for games which now won't be played? Should clubs be giving refunds? I think they should - 8 games is around 1/5 of the season.

A very tricky subject, but under the circumstances I cant see any reall supporter demanding money back that could cause the club a great deal of financial harm.

Maybe refunds should be given but personally I would not ask for one.

There were only 3 home games left, plus possible play-offs and FA trophy semi-final which are separate from the season ticket.

If, and it could be a big if, any of these games take place they will probably be BCD and Notts will lose out financially.

Quote Originally Posted by boland View Post
    Maybe refunds should be given but personally I would not ask for one.

There were only 3 home games left, plus possible play-offs and FA trophy semi-final which are separate from the season ticket.

If, and it could be a big if, any of these games take place they will probably be BCD and Notts will lose out financially.
    Partick Thistle recently offered their fans a refund and only a small percentage took them up on the offer.

I personally think this is up to each individual as everyone has their own financial circumstances to worry about at this moment in time and should not be judged on what they decide to do.

I definitely won’t be seeking a refund, for 2 season tickets.

As was pointed out, there are only 3 matches left. Understand that some people may have different circumstances and therefore need the refund.

Will support the club the best I can.

What sort of a fan is going to want a refund for 3 games?

I wouldn't want to put the club under that kind of pressure. They will have enough on their plate, trying to survive

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    All this talk about the National League and now League 2 cancelling the rest of the season - the reason seems to be that it isn't viable to play behind closed doors. So what happens to 2019-20 season tickets, and any pre-sold match tickets for games which now won't be played? Should clubs be giving refunds? I think they should - 8 games is around 1/5 of the season.
    As a season ticket holder when I pay for my ticket I see it as an investment into the club for the coming year and I’m sure a lot of other fans take this viewpoint.

The odd home game I may miss due to deciding to go on holiday or some other event which may or may not be out of my control. That is part of the risk I take and I’m sure others do as it means the cost per game increases for every game missed.

We only had three home games left to play as well so I won’t be asking for a refund. The staff at the club went through enough last summer so if it helps in a small way then that’s all good.

Obviously some fans may need to ask for a refund due to their own circumstances so they should not be castigated.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 18-05-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As a season ticket holder when I pay for my ticket I see it as an investment into the club for the coming year and I’m sure a lot of other fans take this viewpoint.

The odd home game I may miss due to deciding to go on holiday or some other event which may or may not be out of my control. That is part of the risk I take and I’m sure others do as it means the cost per game increases for every game missed.

We only had three home games left to play as well so I won’t be asking for a refund. The staff at the club went through enough last summer so if it helps in a small way then that’s all good.

Obviously some fans may need to ask for a refund due to their own circumstances so they should not be castigated.
    That's my view too in terms of supporting Notts, but I'm annoyed at the stance of the National League, and now League 2, cancelling their seasons. That isn't looking after the interests of fans. I know a new season may not be able to start on schedule, but surely playing the remaining games makes sense. Especially financial sense if they can wait until allowed to play in front of fans. End of season games, and especially playoffs are a big potential revenue earner for those involved. I know playing behind closed doors is a loss maker, but then they should wait until its safe to play in front of fans. No point in starting a new season without fans anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I would imagine finances at the club are pretty tight at the moment and anyone wanting refunds will certainly add to those woes. Obviously you are not a true supporter, otherwise you wouldn't be making such comments...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast