+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T:- Why on earth do we think we are Covid cleverer?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I'm not well informed on this but I thought they cancelled non urgent procedures and carried on with urgent ones. May well be wrong about that. If people are dying of cancer to save people dying from Covid then yes that's obviously a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    My sister's cancer treatment has continued.
    My wife works on children's outpatients. Some consultations are done remotely but most kids still have to come in for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm with you mate. Left or right( special mention for Trump, he's off his head ), they are all as bad as each other. Why are you in an at risk group mate?
    Fast approaching old age and a bit of a disaster area health wise over the last decade or so. Have a reason to hang on though (school age kids) so I think that's half the battle won if I'm at deaths door, knowing that I'm still needed in this world and have no choice but to fight it. There's the remote possibility I've already had it actually, came down with something very weird that completely wiped me out for over 3 weeks late Feb/early March, probably too early for Covid but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Fast approaching old age and a bit of a disaster area health wise over the last decade or so. Have a reason to hang on though (school age kids) so I think that's half the battle won if I'm at deaths door, knowing that I'm still needed in this world and have no choice but to fight it. There's the remote possibility I've already had it actually, came down with something very weird that completely wiped me out for over 3 weeks late Feb/early March, probably too early for Covid but who knows.
    57 mate and no underlying health issues( unless you count being color blind. Didn't even know until I joined the Navy, becoming a stoker was one of the only two branches open to me). Had a runny nose mesen for over a week , unusaul for me. Worried about the wife though, she's not having it when I blame the dog.

Hope you're training the kids to keep the Notts history site going!

I don't think late Feb was too early but unless you have an antibody test you won't know.

Keep fit, keep safe - don't forget chloroquine washed down with bleach - that will kill any Covid (and everything else).

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Hope you're training the kids to keep the Notts history site going!

I don't think late Feb was too early but unless you have an antibody test you won't know.

Keep fit, keep safe - don't forget chloroquine washed down with bleach - that will kill any Covid (and everything else).
    Trump's other solution was to inject sunlight, wasn't it?

I'm probably still too young and able to die of it but I've had mild "walking" pneumonia and still get twinges, took me 6 months to recover and that's the mild version, so it's not going to be much fun being hospitalized with it.
    Nobody wants to get ill but how long can people be paranoid about this thing? Once you lose that fear then complacency sets in, which could be disastrous, or maybe not. Who to believe? I'm itching to see football come back but may feel extremely guilty for doing so in x months time.
    I just don't know what to think about it anymore.

Trump's other solution was to inject sunlight, wasn't it?

I'm probably still too young and able to die of it but I've had mild "walking" pneumonia and still get twinges, took me 6 months to recover and that's the mild version, so it's not going to be much fun being hospitalized with it.
    Nobody wants to get ill but how long can people be paranoid about this thing? Once you lose that fear then complacency sets in, which could be disastrous, or maybe not. Who to believe? I'm itching to see football come back but may feel extremely guilty for doing so in x months time.
    I just don't know what to think about it anymore.
    What a good post.

Listening to Swale and Navy's experiences as well as people I know who have carried on having chemo, I don't know what to think about this. Maybe it's screening that has been reduced, but most treatment seems to be going ahead. I don't really have enough knowledge of this to be able to form an opinion.

Best wishes to anyone dealing with this.

I have a friend who needs an urgent operation - he has an aortic aneurism which the doctors have said needed to be operated on. His op was planned for April 13th but was cancelled and he's heard nothing since.

Just read that article and it is concerning. The knock-on effect of screening being cancelled is in itself a worry and won't be seen for a while if cancer develops in people when it may have been picked up early.

People not going to GPs is also a concern - I got a text from my surgery to remind me that they are open and GPs available. Unusual times when they are having to ask people to see the doctor.
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 23-05-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I have a friend who needs an urgent operation - he has an aortic aneurism which the doctors have said needed to be operated on. His op was planned for April 13th but was cancelled and he's heard nothing since.

Just read that article and it is concerning. The knock-on effect of screening being cancelled is in itself a worry and won't be seen for a while if cancer develops in people when it may have been picked up early.

People not going to GPs is also a concern - I got a text from my surgery to remind me that they are open and GPs available. Unusual times when they are having to ask people to see the doctor.
    MM, you must tell your friend to make a move on his condition NOW. 10 years ago I had an aortic aneurysm which burst. When they burst you have one hour left unless surgery is at hand. My triple A created devastation and put me in a coma for 37 days. It is a miracle that I survived but it came at a severe cost. Please please press on him how urgent this is. He will die

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    MM, you must tell your friend to make a move on his condition NOW. 10 years ago I had an aortic aneurysm which burst. When they burst you have one hour left unless surgery is at hand. My triple A created devastation and put me in a coma for 37 days. It is a miracle that I survived but it came at a severe cost. Please please press on him how urgent this is. He will die
    Don't worry Sid - by saying he hasn't heard anything I meant in terms of a date - he has been chasing them!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567