+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Void

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    6 people proved positive with the Chinese disease from the premiership teams today, could be staff or players, not been disclosed yet, or whether it was across the board or from one team, doesn't bode well for project restart, kicked in the whatsits before getting off the ground.
    One of them is Burnley assistant manager. Get well soon lad.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Ethics,morality and law appear to constantly evolve to suit circumstance whatever the litigating subject - swiftly moving on ............TV rights appear to drive on the football/entertainment industry via streaming of matches/shows culminating in large audiences spending around that product so ethics,morality and law pop up again with what is attached to the associated products via revenues.

For example within 24 hours of airing more than 71 million people had watched the premiere of the final season of Game of Thrones. More than 75% of them did so through a pirated stream or download. For reference, that’s 54 million people — around three million more than the population of S.Korea.Wow,that's a hell of lost revenue.

I won't comment on the airing of football as that again is an ethic,morality and law personal choice of how you wish to view,IMO.

Revenue losses obviously appear to be a contributor to litigate - can you blame 'em ?But there'll only be one winner in legal litigation win or lose or settlement.............. and it's nothing to do with ethics or morality as Spaldy states.

MOT
    Again with the "not real fans" watching the pirate stuff!
    I did the right thing and paid my dues to LUFC, but in the end cancelled my subscription in frustration as it never worked on matchday (the only effin day you want it to work). Itll be interesting to see if your views change when Brexit/COVID stop you travelling to games, how will you see your beloved team then? Better not to see or hear, but keep the moral high ground eh?

Ethics,morality and law appear to constantly evolve to suit circumstance whatever the litigating subject - swiftly moving on ............TV rights appear to drive on the football/entertainment industry via streaming of matches/shows culminating in large audiences spending around that product so ethics,morality and law pop up again with what is attached to the associated products via revenues.

For example within 24 hours of airing more than 71 million people had watched the premiere of the final season of Game of Thrones. More than 75% of them did so through a pirated stream or download. For reference, that’s 54 million people — around three million more than the population of S.Korea.Wow,that's a hell of lost revenue.

I won't comment on the airing of football as that again is an ethic,morality and law personal choice of how you wish to view,IMO.

Revenue losses obviously appear to be a contributor to litigate - can you blame 'em ?But there'll only be one winner in legal litigation win or lose or settlement.............. and it's nothing to do with ethics or morality as Spaldy states.

MOT
    Perhaps, if those who own the rights to events etc. weren't such greedy cnuts, and charged reasonable fees for a good service (bearing in mind general comments about how sh1te LUTV is), more people would take up legit routes to watch?

As an example, if you are on O2 you can get Disney+ for £3.99 for as long as you have a contract with O2, so you get all the Disney, Marvel & Star Wars films and series like Mandalorian. Ok, they aren't sports events and there is a lot of competition for viewers (but not of the exclusive content Disney has access to), but £3.99 a month, forever!!!!!

And ethics, from the likes of Sky, etc etc, really??????

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Again with the "not real fans" watching the pirate stuff!
    I did the right thing and paid my dues to LUFC, but in the end cancelled my subscription in frustration as it never worked on matchday (the only effin day you want it to work). Itll be interesting to see if your views change when Brexit/COVID stop you travelling to games, how will you see your beloved team then? Better not to see or hear, but keep the moral high ground eh?

Calm down - It'll be my choice how I view games won't it BUT as I've expressed previously it won't be via pirate method.
    If I get over I shall pay or work via a corporate deal seat as part of my deal and will still pay for genuine merchandise for my family which I'll be happy to do as a fan.
    I also clearly stated recently the games changed to which I'm not happy with and again that's my choice regardless who I support - I would continue to work with fan groups as before across Europe for fans rights regardless of my association with Leeds United..............

Finally ........ IF in my position as a Leeds United fan and Supporter Rep the club drew to my attention about 'pirate streaming info' on a Forum that I'm a active member of and maybe that I'm also a financial owner or connected to via family and then it could create a 'conflict of interest' scenario BUT of course who l know can also help such a said situation.Again that scenario would be my choice of how such a situation is dealt with.

Being in Fan Organisations opens up many contacts so it's not only who you know but what you know about who ............ even the 'naughty fans' whether they be streamers or Service Crew and of course nice fans like you who one day may need business contacts or translation help or maybe a match ticket which of course would be my ethical,moral personal decision to contemplate on decision wise.

ALAW - MOT
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by mrsorichsenior View Post
    calm down - it'll be my choice how i view games won't it but as i've expressed previously it won't be via pirate method.
    If i get over i shall pay or work via a corporate deal seat as part of my deal and will still pay for genuine merchandise for my family which i'll be happy to do as a fan.
    I also clearly stated recently the games changed to which i'm not happy with and again that's my choice regardless who i support - i would continue to work with fan groups as before across europe for fans rights regardless of my association with leeds united..............

Finally ........ If in my position as a leeds united fan and supporter rep the club drew to my attention about 'pirate streaming info' on a forum that i'm a active member of and maybe that i'm also a financial owner or connected to via family and then it could create a 'conflict of interest' scenario but of course who l know can also help such a said situation.again that scenario would be my choice of how such a situation is dealt with.

Being in fan organisations opens up many contacts so it's not only who you know but what you know about who ............ Even the 'naughty fans' whether they be streamers or service crew and of course nice fans like you who one day may need business contacts or translation help or maybe a match ticket which of course would be my ethical,moral personal decision to contemplate on decision wise.

Alaw - mot
    mot
    wtf?

Calm down - It'll be my choice how I view games won't it BUT as I've expressed previously it won't be via pirate method.
    If I get over I shall pay or work via a corporate deal seat as part of my deal and will still pay for genuine merchandise for my family which I'll be happy to do as a fan.
    I also clearly stated recently the games changed to which I'm not happy with and again that's my choice regardless who I support - I would continue to work with fan groups as before across Europe for fans rights regardless of my association with Leeds United..............

Finally ........ IF in my position as a Leeds United fan and Supporter Rep the club drew to my attention about 'pirate streaming info' on a Forum that I'm a active member of and maybe that I'm also a financial owner or connected to via family and then it could create a 'conflict of interest' scenario BUT of course who l know can also help such a said situation.Again that scenario would be my choice of how such a situation is dealt with.

Being in Fan Organisations opens up many contacts so it's not only who you know but what you know about who ............ even the 'naughty fans' whether they be streamers or Service Crew and of course nice fans like you who one day may need business contacts or translation help or maybe a match ticket which of course would be my ethical,moral personal decision to contemplate on decision wise.

ALAW - MOT
    MOT

I guess you won't be watching games then. As blanco said it only works occassionally and their is no support system to call on game day. They are real good 9-5 on weekdays but other than that you are screwed.

Good luck. You might have a problem getting anyone to throw you a link on game day when you need one. You can listen to the games on some short wave radios. You'll get the experience of being a real fan... in the 1930's

I see the efl have yet another meeting today to probably arrange when to have another meeting, as nothing ever seems to be finalised, league 2 has still not been confirmed on relegation, and that finished last week, grow some balls efl and get some desicions made.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    wtf?
    Name:  bb.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  58.1 KB

Corporations the scum on this earth. If everything was rosy everyone would be happy. Mrs O is right as the club looses money with us watching pirate streams. Sky bt or whoever your provider is charge top dollar for some crap apart football they force you to pay for other channels so you can get the sports channels. I have to pay $80 dollars from my disability pension a month just so i can have some sport to watch. And you know I still have to get on the internet to watch or listen to my team play as the sports channels either dont have the game or have a different game im not interested in.
    Sky here don't even have the right to the premier league lol some internet company have which if you want to have it you watch it via a stream lol.
    In a real world if we could all afford to go to a restaurant every night we would but the real world tells me i have to go to supermarket to search for a special which i can afford just so i can eat. Wait i can go to restaurant once a month if i just stop paying for sky
    Mrs O and others you are all right and no one is wrong unfortunately this is the world we live in as the confuses words The rich Get richer and the Poor try to survive which ever way they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Name:  bb.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  58.1 KB
    Maybe even big sister on this forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)