+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Self Interest Disgusting

Self Interest Disgusting

Already fans are turning against football in numbers due to the greed and self interest - the bottom six of the premier league being a classic example. Now teams in the championship are asking for the season to be void - surprise surprise one of them is Hull City.

The same Hull City whose owner is detested by their own supporters for raping the club of its assets. The same Hull City who have been in free fall since New Year due to flogging their best players. Now the t wat of an owner is asking for the season to be voided as he knows Hull will go down.

Perhaps if Hull's best players had not be sold, they would not be in free fall. Then again the owner is another Jeremy Peace who just wants the cash and lots of it, and to stay in the championship where the riches will be greater than league 1!

PS - Rooney can shut the **** up too, as he's an overweight has been, albeit he does stop the ladies by night being furloughed!

Totaly agree

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Already fans are turning against football in numbers due to the greed and self interest - the bottom six of the premier league being a classic example. Now teams in the championship are asking for the season to be void - surprise surprise one of them is Hull City.

The same Hull City whose owner is detested by their own supporters for raping the club of its assets. The same Hull City who have been in free fall since New Year due to flogging their best players. Now the t wat of an owner is asking for the season to be voided as he knows Hull will go down.

Perhaps if Hull's best players had not be sold, they would not be in free fall. Then again the owner is another Jeremy Peace who just wants the cash and lots of it, and to stay in the championship where the riches will be greater than league 1!

PS - Rooney can shut the **** up too, as he's an overweight has been, albeit he does stop the ladies by night being furloughed!
    Yes totally agree.sick of hearing about null and void after 80% has already gone.although I’m not too keen on watching games on tv with no atmosphere,it is what it is. Let’s adapt as best we can..COYB

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

Got to agree with most of that, but as it's no ones fault (maybe the Chinese) surely where you are is where you should remain, can't have a play off? then third gets it because that's what they have achieved, not all played the same amount of games? tough, there are many people in worse situations that will never see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Somehow, I just don't see these remaining matches being played - too many logistical problems. I don't envisage the season being declared null and void either. That leaves devising a system of allocating final positions from the games already played. Obviously, the clubs that are at the bottom hope for a null and void or no relegation. However, as has already been stated, the clubs that are at the bottom are there because they have been poor. The clubs at the top are there on merit. With over two thirds of the season gone I don't feel it unfair therefore, to decide promotion and relegation on grounds that reflect this. We can still have play offs for the third place as it will only involve three games in each division behind closed doors. Perfectly practical. Of course, as an Albion fan I would be more than happy with this but my impression is that many others involved in the game favour this system or is this just wishfull thinking!

It could be that too many players decide that they are not prepared to play, citing that the risk factor is too high. Poor darlings. Every team’s squad should be confined to a hotel for a period that covers the remaining games, so there should be no further cases of the virus when the season resumes behind closed doors. No doubt many players would moan about such a scheme but it’s no different to people in the armed services being sent away for a period of time on duty. It is the supporters of clubs that have given the players the enviable lifestyle that they enjoy and a short period of ‘lock away’ would serve the game well and show commitment to the clubs and fans. They won’t do it, though. I do not expect the season to be completed either in the Championship or the Premier League. If I had to put money on it, I would bet that the greed of the Premier League clubs will eventually declare the season over, with no relegation, thus leaving the Championship in the same situation.

I am confident there will be promotion and relegation between the Premier and Championship. I expect that will be after games are completed but even if they are not, there will still be promotion and relegation based on an average points per game calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It could be that too many players decide that they are not prepared to play, citing that the risk factor is too high. Poor darlings. Every team’s squad should be confined to a hotel for a period that covers the remaining games, so there should be no further cases of the virus when the season resumes behind closed doors. No doubt many players would moan about such a scheme but it’s no different to people in the armed services being sent away for a period of time on duty. It is the supporters of clubs that have given the players the enviable lifestyle that they enjoy and a short period of ‘lock away’ would serve the game well and show commitment to the clubs and fans. They won’t do it, though. I do not expect the season to be completed either in the Championship or the Premier League. If I had to put money on it, I would bet that the greed of the Premier League clubs will eventually declare the season over, with no relegation, thus leaving the Championship in the same situation.
    3 of the 'Big 6' in the Prem would all lose out if the season didn't finish and it was settled on PPG. Spurs and Arsenal outside European football qualification and the biggest of the lot 3 points of Champions League football.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)