I guess in the current situation we could justify not renewing any expiring contracts but if we are looking to next season, what should we do?

Ferguson, Gillespie, Tait, Hartley, Maguire, Dunne, Livingstone, Long, Ilic, Watt and Manzinga are all out of contract while loans end for O'Hara, Ndjoli and Aarons.

Of the keepers, Gillespie is clearly off. From the little I know of him I wouldn't mind keeping Ferguson as back-up but no complaints if he goes.

If Tait took a reduced offer I'd be tempted to keep him as versatile back-up. You could make a case for the same for Hartley but having a back-up who himself is injury prone is a risk and Dunne also struggles for fitness - so I'd definitely let Hartley go on the basis Dunne can cover two positions and is probably cheaper. Maguire has treaded water this season while Livingstone, Ilic and Manzinga will surely go. I'd keep Long, though he seems to be off, and Watt.

Of the loans O'Hara is reportedly all but signed. Ndjoli has done nothing and I suspect Aarons will out of our range long-term even if he's settled in quite well.

While there is not one player there who you think would be in the irreplaceable category, having to swap huge numbers is always a risk...some interesting decisions ahead.