+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: League reconstruction

League reconstruction

Still lurking and being pursued by Hearts in particular. I wonder, though, if they haven't made their back - up route through the courts less promising. Apparently, the decision to end the season was 12 - 0 - i.e. Hearts voted for it. Was there then some other vote which gave Celtic the title and relegated Hearts? If there wasn't, surely the Jambos, by, at the very least, implication, voted for their own relegation by supporting the 12 - 0? Was that not the time to put down a marker? Or do they know something we don't?

They possibly know something we don't as there might be some "backroom agreement" in place tying together the 2 issues.

Its also possible that Rangers backed the decision to end the season on condition that disciplinary action against them was dropped.

The league was going to end whether Hearts agreed or not and even they will acknowledge there was no way of playing. Their objection is we're following the French model of doing so rather than Holland/Belgium.

I go back and forth on whether they'll swing it, at the minute I think everyone has become so entrenched I can't see any viable compromise. Budge has played her hand so appallingly in that regard you wonder if they've no intention of change but are just trying to squeeze their fans for more cash. Rangers have done the same of course - still waiting on Robertson's resignation from the board.

It amazes, and somewhat bemuses me why Neil Doncaster gets such a raw deal from all un-sundry. Personally, I believe he's a decent head of our shambolic SPFL setup.
    Just one guys opinion, and open to ridicule if needed ...

He's done ok here but how he kept his job in 2012 I'll never know.

Hearts reconstruction plans have just been released its a league consisting of Hearts and Rangers, Stranraer and Partick Thistle ��������⚽️⚽️⚽️

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)