+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield release 11 any of them good for us?

Mansfield release 11 any of them good for us?

Mansfield Town Football Club have announced their retained list, following the end of the League Two season.

11 players are released immediately:
    Neal Bishop, Craig Davies, Otis Khan, Conrad Logan, Alex MacDonald, Bobby Olejnik, Krystian Pearce, Matt Preston,
    Omari Sterling-James, Noah Stokes and Hayden White.

Negotiations are under way with:
    Tom Fielding, Jordan Graham, Lewis Gibbens, Nicky Maynard, Joe Riley, Alistair Smith and Aiden Walker.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/BBCNottinghamSport/

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Mansfield Town Football Club have announced their retained list, following the end of the League Two season.

11 players are released immediately:
    Neal Bishop, Craig Davies, Otis Khan, Conrad Logan, Alex MacDonald, Bobby Olejnik, Krystian Pearce, Matt Preston,
    Omari Sterling-James, Noah Stokes and Hayden White.

Negotiations are under way with:
    Tom Fielding, Jordan Graham, Lewis Gibbens, Nicky Maynard, Joe Riley, Alistair Smith and Aiden Walker.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/BBCNottinghamSport/
    Even considering his age, if we are still in the National League I would offer Neal Bishop a one year contract in a heartbeat. I realise that him and Michael Doyle in centre midfield would be considered geriatric, but in that league they would be a level above most of what the other teams could offer. With those two doing the dirty work in the middle and having the options of Roberts and Enzio out wide, the title would be ours.

Of the others, Nicky Maynard has a proven record and would be worth a look if they don't keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even considering his age, if we are still in the National League I would offer Neal Bishop a one year contract in a heartbeat. I realise that him and Michael Doyle in centre midfield would be considered geriatric, but in that league they would be a level above most of what the other teams could offer. With those two doing the dirty work in the middle and having the options of Roberts and Enzio out wide, the title would be ours.

Of the others, Nicky Maynard has a proven record and would be worth a look if they don't keep him.
    Pearce and Bishop could do a job. Maynard will most likely leave and join up with a club in League 1.

Depends if his legs have gone. I learned the hard way (the season I spent watching Gary Owers chug around unsuccessfully in midfield) that guile and experience can't make up for a lack of pace in the centre of the park.

Also not a great time to be signing veterans seeing as we might not see them play for months.

Did great for us at the time Elite but I really think we need to leave it at that. Far too old. We have Doyle as you mention and thats enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Pearce and Bishop could do a job. Maynard will most likely leave and join up with a club in League 1.
    Maynard in League 1? He has been average in League 2 so why would teams waste money on him?
    I feel that when football restarts, clubs will be running tighter ships so won’t be offering silly money, knowing they have a bigger pool of players to take advantage of. Don’t be surprised if Maynard stays in League 2 or even Nation League.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Maynard in League 1? He has been average in League 2 so why would teams waste money on him?
    I feel that when football restarts, clubs will be running tighter ships so won’t be offering silly money, knowing they have a bigger pool of players to take advantage of. Don’t be surprised if Maynard stays in League 2 or even Nation League.
    His season with Bury was decent and he can be prolific. He got returns in an awful Mansfield side as well, either way, he won't be staying at Mansfield

I’d have Bishop back without a doubt.
    We should never have let him go.

I agree you need experience in the middle but at the expense of the likes of who??, Crawford was coming into his own once in the team and still only 19/20 yes old is a proper prospect and Rose (25) may come good after a few poor shows?? Why take players looking for a last payday instead of obvious young talent?.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestpie View Post
    I agree you need experience in the middle but at the expense of the likes of who??, Crawford was coming into his own once in the team and still only 19/20 yes old is a proper prospect and Rose (25) may come good after a few poor shows?? Why take players looking for a last payday instead of obvious young talent?.
    You couldn't be more wrong if you are referring to Neal Bishop as a "player looking for a last payday". The one thing you are guaranteed to get with him are a fierce desire to win and 100% effort in every second of every game. I like Crawford, but I would prefer Bishop for next season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast