+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kicking the Bucket

Kicking the Bucket

Your not thinking about dying. Are you. Im old, getting older, and I am.

I watch near death experiencers videos, and one of them said that we are not god, but there is a little bit of god in everyone. Even the bad uns. Im not sure about that. All survivors wish they were dead, amazing.

This is my top ten " there is a little bit of god in that".

1, The allied victory over the Nazis, theres a little bit of god in that. We should have lost.

2 Margaret Thatcher. Theres a lot of god in her.

3 Bill Cassidy, Cambridge United centre forward, 68- 71, theres a little bit of god in him.

4 May Brickwood, theres a lot of god in her. No explanation coming.

5. Geoff Hursts third, Englands fourth 1966. No explanation necessary, theres god in that.

6. My sarf yorks babe, theres god in her, a bit anyway.

7. All my furry and feathered friends, there is pure god in them.

8. A screamer into the top corner about 1976, for Ida Darwin, there was god in that.

9. John Beck, he can long ball it anytime, theres god in him.

10. Anyone that has given me a helping hand. There is god in that.

Vic, The three tuns.

My bad, I thought this were an FRED about Kenny.

Steve of Alpine Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    My bad, I thought this were an FRED about Kenny.

Steve of Alpine Drive.

Now now Kel. Floppy has feelings too. I for one will miss him, his calm and measured approach to life, and his maturity. Why he doesn't post more I don't know. When he gets upstairs he will realise that joking around about karking is the right thing to do. Hes had his share of suffering, his dad was from Stoke.

Anyway,

no 11 Sissel Krkjebo O mio Babbino Caro. Theres a lot of god in that.

12, John Steinbeck he is god.

13 William Styron, theres a little bit of god in him.

14 Music by John Miles theres god in that.

It’s in reference to bury, Frank, and their nickname of the shakers. When they were skint they went round other clubs BEGGING for money from opposition fans which earned them the nickname of the bucket shakers.

Their fans are therefore referred to as buckets by Rochdale fans.
    Last edited by kel_; 21-05-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Oh, I didnt realise Bury were that hard up. I am sure they will have a good season next year. I cant remember if they went up, probably. Don't hear much about them these days.

Begging opposition fans for money is so not cool.

Kiki Dee of Balsham.

"Begging for money" is beyond cool,it shows passion and hope against insurmountable odds that maybe you can save your club and they got my admiration just for trying but unfortunately roll on a couple of years and it was all in vain,you shouldn't knock true supporters of a club,how many plastics would get off of their arse and do something?

It’s only BANTS, chalks.

Cambridge United finishing in the top half of div4.

Even god cant do that.

Paul Barry deciding to open a social services office on Mill Road and selling United. I will be on my knees tonight, praying.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)