Get prepared for when football returns - Stock up on PPE now!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Those Who Can Do Those Who Canít Teach

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    19

    Those Who Can Do Those Who Canít Teach

    For writing these words I was told to wind my neck in and threatened with being banned
    After that I told the bullyís some home truths about teachers and to get out in the real world
    I was banned for this
    First this quote was by George Bernard Shaw are you going to ban anything by him ?
    Second the question about why teachers were not paid as much as dentists came up
    I do believe that some teachers are paid over £100000
    Did the writer of that question know that 85% of dentists are self employed and are now without pay because of the virus Iam sure that they would be very happy to get a teachers pay
    This is a football chat site
    I await my next ban or maybe some support from people that wether they agree or disagree with my comments but believe in my right to say my piece

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,187
    Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    For writing these words I was told to wind my neck in and threatened with being banned
    After that I told the bullyís some home truths about teachers and to get out in the real world
    I was banned for this
    First this quote was by George Bernard Shaw are you going to ban anything by him ?
    Second the question about why teachers were not paid as much as dentists came up
    I do believe that some teachers are paid over £100000
    Did the writer of that question know that 85% of dentists are self employed and are now without pay because of the virus Iam sure that they would be very happy to get a teachers pay
    This is a football chat site
    I await my next ban or maybe some support from people that wether they agree or disagree with my comments but believe in my right to say my piece
    I wrote that about teacher's pay as opposed to dentists. So what percentage of teachers are earning £2000 per week?

    Also the comparison was that while dentists importantly attend to children's teeth for a few minutes, twice a year while teachers are responsible for the development of children's minds for a life time.

    And that includes besides your mind too, that of George Bernard Shaw.

    As well as that also within a few weeks dentists will return to earning their previous salaries following receiving a good wedge having been furloughed.

    And yes it is a football chat site but any noodle also knows off topic conversations are permitted. In fact there used to be a specific section for them
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 20-05-2020 at 05:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,047
    I believe in free speech, but if you can be arrested for quoting Winston Churchill at speakers corner, Hyde park, then free speech does not exist in the UK.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,602
    No.

    You were banned for being an arse.

    We'd just got rid of someone who came on and had a go at all and sundry. Then, apropos of nothing at all you came on and started having a go; we'd had more than enough of that with Pboro. As for the 'free speech argument-why is it folk think that free speech entitles you to insult people?? And it's not even about whether anyone was offended-it was just an unpleasant and absoliutely unnecessary post. But you've come back on and the first thing you've done is to try to reignite the argument?

    It's nothing to do with bullying so dry your tears and start making a positive contribution to the board.
    Last edited by Zippity; 20-05-2020 at 06:35 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    19
    Dentists are not furloughed 80% are self employed some will not be getting a penny unless they have been trading and have accounts for three years
    Some Dentist may get £2000 a month you may not understand that being self employed they have to pay 20% tax national insurance and an accountant along with many other bills
    A little question are teachers getting full pay or only 80% as Others that are furloughed
    Is it true that some Teachers get £100,000 a year ?
    Dentists have to train for 5 to 7 years to become a teacher is it true that you can train on the job to be a teacher ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,403
    Is there a point to this thread. If so I am too thick to see the relevance of it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    19
    You have just shown yourself in your true colours
    You don’t know me but have just called me an arse, then you try and use the word WE . it was you that band me again for saying those who can do those who can’t teach not a group of people
    Then you try and mix me with someone else (Pboro) to make your actions look correct
    You put in free speech is ok but not to insult people what have you just done to me one rule for you and one for me
    No I have not tried to reignite the argument I was never allowed comment because you band me

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,187
    Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Dentists are not furloughed 80% are self employed some will not be getting a penny unless they have been trading and have accounts for three years
    Some Dentist may get £2000 a month you may not understand that being self employed they have to pay 20% tax national insurance and an accountant along with many other bills
    A little question are teachers getting full pay or only 80% as Others that are furloughed
    Is it true that some Teachers get £100,000 a year ?
    Dentists have to train for 5 to 7 years to become a teacher is it true that you can train on the job to be a teacher ?
    All I was doing was pointing out the disparity of the wages and while even you might accept the teeth are important there is nothing more important throughout a human's life than the mind.

    In fact many clever people have gone through life without a single natural tooth in their head but what can you do without even a small portion of your mind.

    As regard dentists pay you may consider that the majority of dentists work for practices so therefor your estimation of 80% of them self employed. https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/news/de...timates-201718

    Read the above and I note you have conveniently declined to answer my question to your statement, "Show what percentage of teachers are on £2000 per week"

    To my mind they are both very important occupations but I feel that there is an unfair disparity in their saleries comparing the teeth to the mind.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 20-05-2020 at 07:34 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    19
    I would think £2000 a week after tax and national insurance would be £68,000 take off accounting fees and rent and rates you would be looking at getting £45,000 per year
    Looking forward to seeing your reply to my questions

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Is there a point to this thread. If so I am too thick to see the relevance of it.
    As ever, Geordie is right. No, there's no point to this thread.

    How is starting this thread and talking about teachers' and dentists' salaries anything but trying to reignite the argument???

    We are on the verge of the most important thing to ever happen to our club...but you don't seem interested in that, only in settling a score? Right....you've said your piece...feel better? As for true colours? You know nothing about me...stick around, you may even get to like me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •