+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swindon Town- could get tasty

Swindon Town- could get tasty

Reports that there is a court case to decide who owns Swindon between 3 different groups - one of which is a football agent. Power who possibly owns 50% of the club wants to sell to an American group (rumour maybe) but decided not to tell the other owners. Also money from sales of players has gone "missing". Court cases and injunctions seem to be flying everywhere. If it turns out that the Football Agent does own part of the club then they are breaking FA rules resulting in sanctions including maybe a points deduction. Whatever happens I'm sure the fans will be the last to know and the first to suffer.

I'm not holding my breath for a points deduction. But a league title even by default would be welcome. Also potentially interesting for the Vale if significant points deducted, but maybe the time scale would be against them?

Very interesting (and hard to follow!) article In the Swindon Advertiser about what looks like a right old mare’s nest!!

As regards us being champions, that’s highly unlikely, unless Swindon go into administration before this season is declared over... so still a week or two to go! Otherwise any points deductions will relate to the season in which it happens. As for the sale of players, Town always seem to have a lot of first team loanees and short term contracts resulting in a pretty high turnover of players on higher salaries than our squad and who can, presumably, be released without penalty. The claim that Power makes of them going bust this summer without £750k of ‘rescue’ money looks like scaremongering to me.

However, all of this suggests that they may not be in the best position to consolidate their promotion next year and are certainly not in as healthy a financial position as the Alex (unless they are sold, of course). Once again, the pain of the past few seasons and the satisfactory position that our Board has delivered looks like good management.

I don't think that Swindon will go into administration, in fact I think that one of the injunctions specifically stops that possibility. It was more the possible breaking of FA rules that I found interesting.